9. Take care

Asher and Percy are breathing heavily still scowling at each other.

"Boys to the principal's office, right now!" coach is seething with anger.

"But coach, Percy was the one who started the fight. And he also purposefully threw the ball-" coach does not let Wesley complete his sentence.

"Why am I supposed to believe you? You are one of his best friends." She waits for him to speak and smiles sarcastically at Wesley's lack of answer,"That's what I thought. Now, I want both of you in the office." She turns around and starts walking towards the door.

"Coach, Wesley isn't lying. Percy hit Asher first" she looks at me on hearing my voice and then her eyes zooms on my blooded lips,"And I think he threw the ball at me intentionally," I say gathering courage.

She listenes to my words carefully, scrutinizing whether I am telling the truth or not.

Why did I just say that? I have no idea. But I cannot let Asher get punished, he kinda- sorta stood up for me!

"Wesley take her to the nurse. We'll see about what happens in the office." With that she walks out of the door.

Asher sighs and turns his head towards me. His jaw is all red and started to swell. There is blood coming out of his nose. There is this gash on his left cheek which probably was due to the rings on Percy's fingers. I look at his hands, they are still clenched. His knuckles are already bruising.

He notices me looking and quickly turns around following the coach along with Percy.

He needs medical help! There is blood all over his face!

"Come on Everlee, let's go." Wesley puts a hand on my shoulder urging me to walk.

********

"Oh my god! Your lip!" Lina enters the nurse's room and sits beside me on the bed.

I have an ice pack on my lip to try and make it a little less painful. Wesley left me at the nurse's room and went to class. I have been sitting here for past 20 minutes and I have no idea what happened to Asher or even Percy. And I'm stressed.

"It's alright." I mumbel.

"It's not. That bitch,what does he think of himself?" Lina says resentfully.

She holds my chin tenderly and inspects my lip,"I am going to give him a nastier cut than this."

"I also got to know that some Asher guy fought with him. Is he the one who you said wanted to be your friend and you oh so nicely rejected him?" her sarcasm will kill me one day.

I just nod at her not wanting to talk due to the pain. Lina strokes my head and it feels good. I would have actually fallen asleep if the sound of the door opening wasn't so loud.

Ash enters the room with his hand on his cheek. He has his bag in the other hand. He calls out to the nurse and sits in one of the chairs sighing with his eyes close.

"Are you alright?" I ask softly.

He opens his eyes and looks at me and then at my lips,"Yeah I am, what about you? You feeling good?"

I nod with a timid smile. The nurse comes with the first aid kit and starts nursing his wounds.

I look at Lina and catch her staring at him. I nudge her lightly making her jerk because of the sudden movement.She finally looks at me and mouths,'He is fine as hell.'