Chapter 7

*ZACH*

I pace around the room impatiently, I had never been good at waiting. I hear two individuals talking outside as I try to catch their conversation.

"Is there a problem -" a male says

"No, yes -" a female voice says which I couldn't help but think I knew. I probably talked to her on the phone earlier I reasure myself but I wasn't sure that was the case.

A man walked through the door soon after I sat down. He was relatively tall, about my height, maybe 6 feet or so.

"Thomas but you can call me Tom," The man said extending his hand.

"Zachary Peterson but please call me Zach." I responded receiving his hand.

"Zach, I will be the barrister for Ms Hannah's case. I'll ask you a few questions and try to answer them as best as you can. If you have any questions feel free to ask me but I need not remind you not to speak too much or answer anything other than the question which you are asked."

***

*NATALIE*

I sit cross legged on my bed as I talk to Dani. She had been over for a while now since I asked her if she could come over. I told her about Zach. Everything about him - what he was doing, how he was at the door when we had our sleepover and how I saw him at work today. Honestly I don't know why I did, it wasn't that important but I just wanted to talk to someone I guess.

"So what are you going to do?" Dani asked me.

"What do you mean - nothing."

"So you don't like him?"

"... Maybe, I don't know. Things ended weirdly between us..."

"What do you mean?" Dani questioned. It wasn't like her to push like this cause she knew I would talk to her when I was ready, the only thing was I hadn't.

It had been years since the 'incident' with Zach. I told Dani vaguely about what happened, but not everything. Back then she was cool with it but things were different now.

"I can't explain it, they just were."

Dani sits there silently as do I playing with the hem of my jeans.

"Forget I said anything. It's nothing - I mean its not as if I'm going to ever see him again after this case."

Dan stared at me with that look of hers but I ignored it.

"C'mon let's go cook something I'm starving!"

*~*~*

Chapter 7!!!!!! Hope you guys like it. :D You know the drill; vote, comment & follow. :)