Chapter 16

*NATALIE*

Finally it was Saturday, the night of the concert. I hadn't seen Zach since our run in at the gym last week and I was curious if he overheard Bec and I.

Dani and I had organised earlier in the week for both of us girls to carpool together and for the guys to do the same. She had come over beforehand so we could get ready together and we were now going out to the car. I was wearing a simple outfit; skinnies, ballet flats and a nice blue blouse, with my hair down in light curls.

Dani got into the driver's seat and reversed out of the driveway and made our way to the park where the concert was being held. It didn't take us long to get there and it was already getting cold. I put on my cardigan as we got out of the car and made our way to the guys.

Zach was wearing a navy shirt with jeans and a leather jacket. Suddenly it wasn't so cold anymore. We all exchanged greetings and made our way inside the gates to the concert.

The concert consisted mainly of local groups trying to make it big. Dani and I were familiar with some of them from open mic at Kilig. Some did original songs whilst quite a few did covers which sounded even better than the originals.

The concert was good; it wasn't at all crowded and no one was beyond intoxicated. Dani and I were yelling our lungs out and we even managed to get the guys to join in. We danced; the fist-pump jumping up and down style, some slow dancing and non-raunchy grinding.

Both Dani and Ben had gone to get drinks from the makeshift bar area. I was buggered. Zach and I made our way to one of the tables they had set up and sat down. We had some light-hearted banter, talked about what we had both been up to since our last meeting and I reminded him about how he almost got beaten by a girl if it hadn't been for Eric's intervention.

I was having fun. I was having honest-to-God fun and that scared the living shits out of me. I couldn't bring myself to go through all this again. Last time these events were the ones that lead to our undoing and I couldn't bare for it to happen again.

Why I didn't keep my distance and shove him off in the first place was beyond me, it defied all logic, but for some madly, insane reason I let him back into my life and that was the real reason behind my undoing.

Cause even though I wanted desperately to deny it I had a soft spot for Zachary Peterson, I always had and it wasn't going away anytime soon.

***

Dani came over to where Zach and I were talking with the computer guy.

"Hey Nat, Ben and I are gonna go. Are you able to get a ride home?"

I was so happy for Dani. Ben was a nice guy and she deserved to be happy. Now, how was I going to get home? I scanned the room to trying to figure something out when Zach got me out of my thoughts.

"Don't worry Dani, I'll make sure Natalie gets home okay." Zach said.

Oh no this could not be happening! Was Dani trying to kill me?! She knew what happened all those years ago, well I didn't say anything explicitly but I implied it at the very least. I couldn't be stuck in this situation again!

"That's great, thanks Zach. See you Nat." Dani said and then walked away with her clinging to Ben's arm.

"You don't have to do that Zach its fine. I'll just call a taxi it'll be fine."

"It's okay Natalie. I said I would, so I will."

Ergh! Stupid Zachary Peterson and his damn stubbornness!!!

*~*~*

So here we are, chapter 16. Not one of my most gripping chapters but meh. VCF! :D

Stay installed for chapter 17. Things are about to get interesting...

<3 Liveurdisneymoment