Chapter 3

Chapter 3!!!!!! This chapter is dedicated to my bffl lilchocolate lover, who's birthday is today.

Happy bday Sammy!!!!! :D

Hope you guys enjoy it! Still tweeking with the 4th chapter, so hopefully I won't take too long to post.

Vote, comment, follow

<3 Liveurdisneymoment

*~*~*~*

I hop into Dani's car. "Are you okay Nat?" Dani asks as she puts the keys in the ignition.

"Yea I'm fine. Just seeing him so unexpectedly brought back so many memories, that's all."

"Do you wanna talk about it?"

I keep quiet as I turn on the radio. Dani understands and doesn't push me any further. Even today Dani doesn't know what happened between me and Zach that day. And because of what happened I found it impossible to ever look at him the same again.

***

I open the front door and let Dani inside. I kick off my heels and head to the kitchen. I go straight to the freezer and grab the tub of ice cream out. "Hey Dani do you wanna watch a movie or something?" I asked. I hope she said yes because I don't think I could stand being alone with my thoughts right now.

"Okay, but you know Friday's your night right?" Dani says

Usually we would all have our traditional sleepover on a Friday night. It was corny I know like something from the "Sleepover Club" but I didn't care as even though we had taken different paths since high school it was the one thing that remained consistent.

"Yea I know. Ice cream?"

"Sure." Dani replies

We didn't stay up too late as we both had work the next morning. Also we wanted to be wide awake for our ritual sleepover, which consisted of hardly any sleep. When I woke up Dani had already left. She said that she had to organise stuff for work, so as soon as I drifted off she left.

***

I enter the large rotating glass door as I enter the Department of Public Prosecutions. Today I was determined to get stuck into my work and forget all about Zachary Peterson.

"Morning Nat," Sophie the receptionist says. She was nice, sometimes though she tended to be a bit nosy. It was like she knew all the gossip around the joint, which she did. When I first came here Sophie was my lifesaver, telling me everything I needed to know.

"Your cases for the week are all on your desk. Looks like a few more interesting ones."

"Thanks Sophie." I laugh.

I spend most of the day reading through the cases and organizing for witnesses and stuff. I was enjoying it which was helping me forget until I received a message from Dani.

Hi Nat. Hru? C u 2nite! xxx Dani

I don't reply to Dani's text. Just when I was enjoying distracting myself with work she had to bring him up.