Chapter 18

I went to work the Monday following the concert confused. I had kissed Zachary Peterson and he had kissed me back! I had still yet to tell Dani and I was regretting her reaction. However I needed her advice. Thankfully we were going to meet at

Retrouvallies after our cases.

***

"So how was your case?" Dani asked

"Fine. It was pretty straightforward, no contentious issues so the judge delivered her verdict pretty quick. What about yours?"

"Pretty intense. Some people are real psychos. I didn't stay for the verdict but Kyle is going to let me know."

Kyle worked at the DPP with me however we only saw each other occasionally having cases of our own.

"Anyway that's enough about my case. So how was after the concert? I didn't get a chance to talk about it to you over the weekend. Did you and Zach get home alright?" Dani asked.

"I guess you could say that." I replied looking away and casually biting my lip.

"Natalie you're holding out on me! I can tell. What happened?"

"Well to begin with I was pretty pissed about what you did because of what happened last time. Anyways I ended up having a panic attack-"

"Oh my God Natalie I didn't even think! Are you okay?"

"Yea I am. We stopped at a red light and Zach comforted me. I got my breathing back under control and Imayormaynothavekissedhim" I explained letting out a sigh.

"Wait a second! You KISSED him !" Dani practically yelled causing the patrons of Retrouvallies to turn in our direction.

"Yes" I replied quietly whilst glaring at Dani to have her apologise with her eyes.

"Why?"

"Well I wanted to of course. Also I've gone back to that night all those years ago wishing I could change it so I capitalised on it and I did."

"Woah. How did Zach respond?"

"Well after I told him why I kissed him he kissed me back. He told me that he'd been waiting a long time for that."

"OMFG! So what happened when you went home?"

"Well he walked me to my door and invited me to go the year 12 ball with him on Friday and I said yes. So I won't be able to make it to the sleepover. The only thing is though I don't know where that puts us now."

"Aw. Don't worry about the sleepover we'll have to take you shopping for Friday. Have you spoke to him since the concert?"

"Nup."

"Oh. Well I'm sure you'll figure it out."

"Yea."

"I'm going to call the girls now so we can take you shopping!"

"Dani, if you don't mind can we not. I don't want to make a big deal out of it..."

"Of course. I understand."

"So - how did things go with Ben?"

"They went well. He invited me in for drinks, I accepted after being a bit apprehensive and we ended up falling asleep on his couch."

"Aww. So you guys are a thing now?"

"I don't know, I really like him,"

"Me too-"

"Hey! Get yourself your own man!"

"Bwahaha. Chill Dani I'm not stealing your man, no need to get all ghetto on me! You know what I mean."

"Yea I know."

*~*~*

Not much action this chapter but Natalie needed to vent. LOL!  Next chapter should be a bit more exhilarating; Natalie goes to the ball. Dun dun dunnhn. :D Anyway VCF! :)

<3 Liveurdisneymoment