Chapter 6

I rocked up to work punctual as per usual the following Monday. The girls didn't even bother me about my 'unusual behavior' or so they world describe it when we were watching the movies. Which I was thankful for, they must have been too absorbed in the movies.

"Morning Natalie" Sophie says behind her desk

"Morning Sophie" I say as I pass her desk

"Natalie,"

"Yes?"

"Tom wanted to speak to you. I don't know what about though."

"Okay, thanks Sophie I'll go see him now."

***

I knock on the door of Tom's office. "You wanted to speak with me?"

"Yes. Congratulations on your case last week. I'm really impressed with how you've been progressing even though James has been testing you."

"Thanks." I said shyly. I had always liked Tom and was glad I was chosen to be his assisting barrister.

"I called you here because I'd like you to go through the witnesses for the Hannah case. Alone. I think you're ready for it."

"Really?"

"Yea. You up for it?"

"Sure."

"Awesome. So I have one of the witnesses in one of the interviews now. Go through the usual proceedure suss out his story and see what we can use to strengthen our case. I'll be in the room but I won't be interfering unless I deem it absolutely necessary. Okay?"

"Okay."

Tom gets up from his desk and leads me to the room. The rooms were all glass so that if needed security could get involved with hostile witnesses. As we walk down the hall on the way to the room I see a young male pacing the room.

"You have got to be kidding me right." I mumble under my breath

"Is there a problem Natalie?"

"No, well yes. I know that man."

"What are you saying Nat?"

"I'm saying that I'm really privileged that you think I'm ready for this. But I think it wouldn't be best getting involved in this particular case."

"I understand Natalie and I'm glad that you could be upfront about this to me."

Tom continues to the interview whilst I return back to my office. I hope I did the right thing I think to myself hoping I didn't dampen my opportunity to be promoted to QC.

*~*~*

Hey guys I know this is a short chapter, next one should be longer though and more exciting! Who do you think the mysterious man is? Comment ur thoughts & don't forget to vote! :) <3 liveurdisneymoment

The video on the side is the Lyric video to "Why Don't You Love Me" by Hot Chelle Rae ft. Demi Lovato. Heard it the other day whilst shopping and instantly fell in love. Enjoy! XD