Prologue

There's some things in life you need to live, others, you have to learn to live without. Zachary Peterson was one of those that you needed, but you had to learn to live without.

Zach and I had always been friends ever since our year 9 Italian class. I had never really noticed him until that day where he rocked up to class one afternoon sporting a cast on his left arm. He had fallen off his bike and being the lucky bugger which he was, he still had to do his homework as his right arm worked perfectly fine.

Fast forward to year twelve and things had changed dramatically. I had just returned from my trip to visit our Sister School. At the beginning things were alright. We still talked and it was almost normal but suddenly something changed and we began not to hang out as much. I began to give up with trying to bide his time and we began to drift away bit by bit. We still talked but it just wasn't the same. I wanted so badly to go back to how we were but it didn't look like that was going to happen anytime soon until he offered to drive me home after our school music concert. It was the first time I had said yes. I hoped that things would have changed but unfortunately they didn't and we ended up seeing less and less of each other.