Chapter 19

*NATALIE*

So I was at the shopping centre trying to determine which dress I was going to get. I had been here for over three hours. I still couldn't decide! So what did I do? I called Ashley of course!

"Hey Ash I need your help"

"Sure what's the problem? Is everything okay?"

"Yea everything is fine. I'm in a bit of a dilemma here though. I have a formal that I'm meant to be co-chaperoning with and I don't know whether do go with long or short."

"You don't want to detract from all the teens or they'll murder you. I'd say short but still elegant whilst not being over the top, in a neutral colour. Think year eleven formal.  But nothing too short, knowing you it won't be though."

"Thanks Ash. I think the short one that I've found ticks all those boxes." I joked.

"You're welcome. I'm sure it's fine. Have fun chaperoning'."

"Thanks. See you Ash."

"Bye"

***

I had twenty minutes until Zach arrived and I wasn't anywhere near getting ready! This was not normal for me. Usually I was ready at least an hour before for anything but for some reason I was nervous. Why was I so nervous? Maybe because the last time I saw Zach I had kissed him. We had yet to talk about it and now I wasn't sure how I was meant to act when he got here!

Although I had told Dani I didn't want a fuss made about tonight she organised to come to help me get ready and for that I was thankful. I definitely needed her help right now.

"Chill Natalie it's going to be fine. We've got plenty of time. Just go get dressed and sit down and I'll fix your hair and makeup. Don't worry it'll be light, like you usually do it."

"Thanks Dani. I don't know what I'd do without you. I would do it myself but I'm kind of a nervous wreck right now, totally not like me at all."

"I know. I'm the best!" Dani responded dramatically putting her hand on her chest.

***

Fifteen minutes later I was ready with ten minutes to spare. Dani had fixed my hair (not that there was much to do anyway) and applied my almost non existent makeup.

I made my way to the mirror to have a look at Dani's handiwork and I was impressed. I looked exactly the way I wanted to and I looked as good, if not better as how I would normally  do it. My hair was in a half updo held up with some sparkly pins, the length of it in soft curls. The way my makeup was done brought out my eyes.

"Thank you"

"You're welcome," Dani replied as the door bell rang.

"Now go. Everything will be fine. Anyone would be crazy not to want you Natalie."

"Thanks but that's not true." I replied sheepishly.

"Of course it is Cinderella. You don't want to keep Prince Charming so go!"

"Alright, alright."

***

I opened the door to find Zach on the other side in his suit and boy did he look good.

"Good evening Natalie. You look beautiful." he said as he brought me into an embrace and lightly pecked my cheek.

"Thanks, you don't look so bad yourself."

"This is for you." he said bringing forward a corsage.

"Oh. Thankyou."

He got me a corsage?! I know it was practise and all, considering he did the same thing back when we were in high school. But still, I thought that we were just going together. I didn't expect this at all.

He put the corsage on my wrist before bringing me into an embrace and litely pecking my forehead.

"Shall we go?" he said as he stepped back and extended his arm as we made our way down the drive.

Like the last times he opened my door before moving to the drivers side. All these gestures of his were making me lightheaded.

As we started to drive he turned the music down before speaking to me.

"I'm sorry I've been avoiding you for the past week. I just didn't know what to say to you. But now I do."

"That's okay Zach. I haven't exactly been the most available person either."

"I don't know about you Natalie but last week meant something to me. The truth is that I like you - a lot."

"Me too. But I don't-"

"You don't want to ruin what we already have?"

"Yes! But at the same time I'd like to try to see if we could be more. That is, if that's what you want too? If not I have just made the biggest idiot of myself and I apologise profoundly."

"You're kidding me right? You aren't an idiot. Well, maybe you are. But I agree." he said as his signature smirk met his lips and I wanted nothing more but for them to meet mine.

Surely enough they did. Zach's lips met mine and our kiss was passionate and heated, dulling last week in comparison.

I slowly broke away from Zach and laughed as I retained my breath.

"So?"

"So Shorty I'd say we're trying this out."

"I guess we are Peterson."

*~*~*~*

Chapter 19! YAY! I know it's been a while. So the ball is in two parts, stay in store for chapter 20 for the rest. :) Hope you guy enjoyed it! Merry Christmas everyone! :D

<3 Liveurdisneymoment