Chapter 15

*NATALIE*

Work was uneventful and slow this week. I was stuck in the office preparing paperwork and I was dying for case.

It had been over two weeks since I spoke with Zach and it was safe to say that I missed him. I couldn't believe just how much his presence was starting to affect me. Sure I could have easily called him and organised a meet up, but I wasn't prepared to do that so I just would have to wait a couple more weeks.

Lying around the house wasn't going to do anything for me so I decided that I would go visit Bec at the gym and get a workout session in.

***

"So what's up Nat? I know you only come to the gym when you're stressed or frustrated, so which is it?" Bec asked as we walked together to the boxing area.

The area was quite substantial in size. One wall had a number of boxing bags along it whilst another had a ring set up and next to it was a gym mat area set up for various martial arts.

"That's not true," I said as Bec glared at me.

"Well maybe a little bit. I was bored and decided to put my time to better use than watching Soaps."

Bec didn't say anything as she was putting on the pads and I put my some gloves.

***

*ZACH*

Punch. Punch.

I was at the gym trying to release some of my pent up frustration at a boxing bag.

Punch, punch, punch, punch.

"Very good Zach. Lets have a quick break." said Eric.

Eric was a personal trainer and my best friend. Although I was more than capable of running my own workout Eric liked to do our sessions together when he wasn't working. This way we both got to work out as well as catch up with each other.

"Fine." I said as I went to grab my water bottle.

"What's up with you man? You should be pumping after all that."

"I am-"

"But you're still thinking about the lawyer. I don't get it why don't you just call her?"

"Its complicated.."

"Man a lot of things are complicated but you're making this harder than it needs to be,"

"C'mon get up" Eric said hitting the pads against each other.

Punch. Punch.

***

*NATALIE*

Punch. Punch.

I could feel the endorphins already starting to kick in and I was loving it.

"Hey Bec can I get a hand?" said Bec's boss.

"Sure no prob, just give me a sec,"

"Hey Eric do you mind doubling up? Boss needs my help." Bec yelled.

"Sure no problem. Natalie just come over here." Eric replied. I turned around to find Eric on another punching bag with his client's back towards me.

***

*ZACH*

Natalie? Nah that was impossible there were loads of people with the name Natalie that didn't mean it'd be her.

"Hello Eric how are you?" Natalie asked.

Now that wasn't a coincidence that they had the same voice.

"I'm good thanks Natalie. I was thinking we could maybe move over to the mats, considering there's the two of you and do some martial arts? You've done martial arts before right?"

"Sure sounds good. Yea I have."

"Natalie this is Zach, Zach this is Natalie."

I turned around and put my gloves down from the punching bag. To say hello to this Natalie, only to find it was my Natalie.

"Zach?"

"You guys know each other?" Eric asked

"Yea we went to school together," I replied. "You do martial arts?" I questioned curiously.

"Yea kinda thought it be useful to have getting into law if I ever needed it. I haven't though." Natalie replied.

"Oh. Okay. Well I'd love to talk all about it but I'm getting paid to ensure you guys work out so let's get to it."

Nat and I get on to the mat and Eric starts laying down the ground rules.

"You ready for this Shorty?" I asked smugly.

"You betcha Zachary. I'd be more worried about you getting shown up by a girl" she replied.

"Well if that does happen it'll be because I didn't wanna go to hard on you."

"Bring it Peterson!"

***

*NATALIE*

I did a high kick only to be met by Zach's block causing me to fall on the mat. He attempted to try and help me up only for me to bring my leg around in a circular motion as I got up tripping him.

"Its on Natalie."

"You betcha Peterson."

Both Zach and I did a number of kicks, blocks and sequences of both. It was fair to say that Zach and I were equally matched opponents. Each move that I made Zach had a response and vice versa.

I went to do a chop to Zach's neck for him to grab my arm and put me in an arrest type position with him towering over me.

I struggled to turn around to rebut so I tried with my leg again to bring him falling only for him to do the same. Suddenly he was on top of me, my arms pinned above my head, both of our breathing laboured from our workout.

"Very good Natalie but not quite good enough." he whispered into my ear, his hot breath ticking my neck as he tucked a strand of hair behind my ear.

Our proximity was close causing my already laboured breathing to stagger even more. I was probably blushing profoundly right now, hopefully it wasn't that noticeable and could be mistaken for being worked out. We lingered like that until we were interrupted by Eric.

"Well good job guys. You can go hit the showers."

*~*~*

Chapter 15 complete! Hope you all liked it, I had fun writing it! :) VCF(Vote, Comment, Follow)! :D

<3 Liveurdisneymoment