Chapter 1

"If your Honour pleases my name is Natalie Murray and I am appearing with my learned friend Thomas Marchant and we are instructed by Millie Davis."

"It is our proposition that the charges against the defendant can and will be proven beyond reasonable doubt. Poppy Marlow has been charged with assault occasioning bodily harm under section 313 of the criminal code."

***

"I have made my decision," the judge says

"I sentence Poppy Marlow to three years imprisonment."

Okay so today's case wasn't one of my biggest cases but rather one of my more interesting ones. Who would have thought that a foam pool noodle could do so much damage, yet it did and the judge found in our favour.

"You did well today Natalie. Keep up that performance and you'll be a QC in no time!" Tom says

"Your too kind Tom."

"But its true."

"I hope you're right."

"You bet I'm right. I better watch out or you might take my job!"

I laugh. It had been a successful case, after all, the judge found in our favour. I knew my boss was giving me stupid cases to test me but I found it quite enjoyable.

Just wait I thought, not long now until I'm the new Director of Public Prosecutions.

***

"So how'd your case go Nat?" Dani asks me as she drinks her coffee at favorite cafe, a part of our post-case ritual.

"It went great! Prosecution for the maximum sentence." I say as I drink my chocolate frappe. Hey who said you had to drink coffee to be a lawyer!

"How'd your evidence go?"

Dani was a forensic scientist and as a part of her job she was routinely called to give her professional opinion being the top in the state after all.

"Good. I reackon the old guy did it but whether the jury sides that way is a completely different story."

I silently laugh to myself about Dani and I talking about our cases together. Even though we didn't end up pursuing the same career we somehow managed to stay together doing similar things.

We had been best friends since forever. She had the most beautiful wavy red hair and green eyes which would turn most green with envy which she inherited from her mum's Irish roots. However with her dad's Italian ones became an almost lethal combination when it came to her feisty attitude.

"Losing him was blue like I've never known, missing him was dark grey all alone..." my phone rings

"You seriously need a new ringtone Nat. You can't go around with your phone going off like that Miss QC!" Dani says.

"Whatever. I'm gonna take this"

"Hello?"

"Oh hey Ash!"

"Um I don't know."

"Alright! See you then."

I hang up my phone.

"What did Ash want?" Dani asks me.

"Do you have something to wear 'cause it looks like we're going out tonight."

*~*~*~*

1st chapter complete! Random I know. XD Vote & comment!

<3 liveurdisneymoment