Chapter 17

*ZACH*

I walked Natalie to my red Mini Cooper and opened her door before getting in the drivers side. I put the keys in the ignition and reversed out of the car bay swiftly. I turned on the radio to(reduce the awkwardness) and grabbed some mints to ensure that I stayed awake.

"So what did you think of the concert?" I asked.

Natalie was staring outside the window before replying "it was alright". She didn't seem herself. Was she okay?

*NATALIE*

Okay this was starting to get to me. It was too freakishly familiar. I was on the verge of having a panic attack. The door opening, the mints and the music changing to Nelly Furtado's "I'm Like a Bird". This was way too much!

"Natalie-"

"Natalie, Nat are you okay?"

"Shorty?" He whispered softly.

I turned to face him just as the light turned red it was like freaking deja vu. Oh God! I can't do this again after all the times I replayed this moment all these years ago, wishing I could change things now I had my chance. Oh shit! Why did I have to be a chronic overthinker?

*ZACH*

Natalie turned to face me after I tried for minutes to get her attention. Maybe I shouldn't have used her nickname but she looked pale and I didn't know what else to do. I stared deep into her blue eyes, not removing my glare for a second.

"It's gonna be okay." I said whilst putting a lock of hair behind her ear. She was having a panic attack and she needed to calm down. I rubbed my free hand on her back to calm her.

"Just breathe Nat. It'll be alright. Just breathe."

Just when Natalie looked like she was beginning to breathe okay again she stared back at me before planting a chaste kiss on my lips.

*NATALIE*

Zach managed to calm me down. I could feel my breathing beginning to get under control again. I made a decision. I had made a huge mistake all those years ago and I wasn't going to let it happen again. I closed the distance between us before planting a chaste kiss on those lips I rejected all those years ago.

I pulled away and tried to gauge his reaction. He looked shocked.

"Natalie-" Zach tried to speak before I put my fingers on his lips to shut him up.

"Zachary shut up. Let me say my piece otherwise I may never get the courage to say what I really feel again. Okay?"

"Mmhm." he replied.

"Very good. Now I guess your probably wondering why I kissed you, yes?"

Another "Mmhmm" escaped from his mouth.

"Well Zach I made a mistake all those years ago. I was stupid. My chronic overthinking has done me more harm than good. I lost you all those years ago and I don't want to do that again. I remember the last time you drove me anywhere all too well and I replay that moment more times than I can recount. I made a huge mistake and I paid for it dearly. I just didn't want to make the same mistake again." I said as I removed my fingers from his lips.

He sat there stunned silent his golden orbs peering into my very soul. The light had long turned green as the few cars on the road honked at us and moved around us. I put on the hazard lights. I removed my seatbelt so that I could get a better look at Zach as I awaited his reply.

*ZACH*

I was shocked from Natalie's actions. I peered into those beautiful blue pools and then turned my direction to those lovely pink lips that had been the subject of my dreams for years and without thinking went in for a kiss of my own.

At first my kiss was a soft and gentle chaste one, not unlike her own. I moved away slightly gauging her reaction to see a smile reach the corner of her lips before going in and making my dreams a reality.

*NATALIE*

As he broke away I could help the smile forming only for him to close the distance between us yet again.

At first it was one chaste kiss after another.

"Are you trying to tease me Peterson?" I asked as we briefly broke away.

"What if I am Shorty?" he smugly replied.

"And what if I don't want any part in it then?" I fearlessly responded.

"Well I might have to do something about that then" he said before bringing his lips to mine yet again and lightly nibbling on them.

I laughed silently against his mouth before brushing my tongue against his lips, granting me passage to enter. Our kiss then became intense. Time stood still around us. A car drove past whilst honking with the driver telling us to "get a room". We both laughed before gasping for air and breaking apart yet again.

"You have no idea how long I've waited for that." Zach gasped

"Actually I think I have a pretty good idea." I replied boldly as I put my seatbelt on not able to control the enormous grin forming on my face. My eyes never left Zach's face as he turned off the hazard lights and drove towards my home. Both of us looking like complete idiots but we were too happy to even care.

As we reached my house Zach slowed down before parking in the driveway. I made my way out of the passenger door, with Zachary following me up the path.

"Thanks for the ride." I said nervously.

"No problem. I had fun tonight." he smirked at me.

"Me too." I said blushing in the moonlight.

"Natalie I know you usually have your sleepover on a Friday but would you be interested in coming with me to the year 12 ball? I know it's probably not gonna be that fun-"

"I'd love to."

"Great. I'll pick you up at five next Friday."

"Cool. Well thanks for the ride." I said sheepishly.

"Not a problem. Goodnight Natalie," he said as he gave me a quick embrace and made his way towards his car.

"Goodnight Zach." I replied softly.

*~*~*~*

Chapter 17, so what did you think? Were you surprised? Let me know what you think. VCF! :D

Hope you enjoyed this chapter. :)

<3 Liveurdisneymoment