Chapter 12

This is part one of Nat's birthday. Enjoy! :)

P.s the picture on the side is Natalie's birthday outfit.

*~*~*

*DANI* 

The girls and I got up early so that we could organise breakfast for Nat for her birthday. We organised sausages, eggs, muffins, croissants, coffee and fresh fruit on the table. Ash had went down to the bakery earlier whilst we were cooking and organising the table to get the croissants and muffins.

"Morning Nat, happy birthday!" we all said cheerfully as Nat awoke from her slumber and headed to the kitchen.

"Aww thanks guys you didn't have to do this." Nat said surprised.

"It's okay, we wanted to. Anyway present time!" I exclaimed.

We all ate at the table whilst giving presents between eating. I was glad I went to the strawberry place because she seemed to be really enjoying them. Hopefully it wouldn't be the only thing she was enjoying today.

***

*NATALIE* 

I returned home to get ready for tonight after going to my parents for lunch. My younger brother and sister had come as well as my grandparents to wish me a 'happy birthday'. Mum had made my favourite, chicken schnitzel. My Yia Yia asked when I was going to find myself a boy and said "Don't worry Natalie I will find you a nice Greek boy" causing the whole table to erupt in laughter.

I had put my hair down in nice soft curls. I was fixing the last of my make up and adjusting my simple black lace sweetheart dress in the mirror when the doorbell rang. I opened the door to let Charlie in before going to grab my bag. Charlie had organised to take me so that I wouldn't have to worry about driving afterwards. Even though usually I tried not to drink that much special occasions were different. Thankfully Charlie had work the following afternoon therefore she couldn't afford to drink anything.

*** 

*DANI* 

I was pacing around hoping I had done the right thing. They hadn't seen each other for ages and it was evident that there was some unfinished business when I saw them last.

I was at Kilig fixing up the finishing touches so that Nat's birthday would be perfect. Nat thought that she was just meeting us at Kilig like we usually would except that's where she was wrong. I had booked one of the function rooms with Ben's help. Luckily he knew someone who worked at Kilig and had managed to get us a room even though they had been previously fully booked. We had ensured that there would be karaoke as always and that the bar would be open. I had roped the girls into coming in earlier to prepare the finishing touches of some streamers and balloons to create the party vibe. It was a small space but just the right size for the guests coming. Other than us girls Ben was coming, Bec's boyfriend, all of Nat's friends from uni and whatnot and some of her close colleagues from work. We had managed to get in contact with them all and get them to come after secretly going through her contact list.

People had started to arrive and I gave them the brief about the surprise as they arrived. I couldn't wait for the look on her face!

*** 

*NATALIE* 

Charlie and I arrived at Kilig except instead of going to the main area Charlie was leading me up a set of stairs. What was going on? We then reached and door and when it opened everyone yelled out 'surprise'. Dani immediately came over to us and I told them both off for going to all this effort, it was too nice.

"Don't worry about it, have fun. Its your birthday after all!"

*DANI* 

Nat seemed to be enjoying herself and I was glad. She was currently saying hi to everyone and thanking them for coming. He still hadn't arrived and I couldn't help but think where is he?

*~*~* 

Firstly just to clear up a few things. Although it is a Saturday night when it's Nat's birthday Charlie is a nurse and therefore that is why she is working on Sunday. Secondly Nat's maternal grandmother(Yia Yia) is Greek explaining the reason behind her English last name.

Who's Nat's blast from the past? 

Let me know your thoughts. Vote, comment, follow.

Ps this chapter is dedicated to alwaysinlove my bffl who's bday was last week. :)