Chapter 13

*NATALIE*

It was the day I was meeting Zach for coffee. I was excited but a little bit apprehensive at the same time. I felt like I was beginning to get my best friend back whilst at the same time it felt like it wasn't real. It had been a month since Zachary Peterson walked back into my life almost as if nothing happened and I wasn't sure whether I was happy about that or not.

I arrived at the cafe around the corner from the law courts where Zach and I had agreed to meet. Usually Dani and I would come here post case but thankfully she didn't have any cases today.

When I arrived Zach was already sitting at a table and as he saw me approaching he got up to greet me.

"Hello Natalie, how are you?"

"I'm good thanks Zach. How are you?" I asked as I sat down.

"I'm good thank you-"

"Hi can I get you guys anything? The usual Natalie?" Bethany the waiter asked. She was such a nice girl. Dani and I got to know her quite well considering how regular we were. She had long wavy brown hair and brown eyes to match. She was currently studying law at university and I had managed to get into some heated discussions with her about certain issues.

"Yes thank you. The regular please."

"And your friend here?"

"I'll have whatever Natalie's having." Zach decided. Now this was going to be funny.

"Ok. Your choice. Your drinks shouldn't be too long. Can I get you both anything else?"

"That'll be fine for now. Thanks Bethany."

"So how was your case?" Zach asked.

"It was good, a little bit hectic, but good none the less. We managed to prosecute although it may not have been for as long as we would've liked, it's better than nothing I guess. The guy pleaded insanity whether or not he actually was, but the jury believed it so you can't argue there. Anyway enough about my case how is your training going?"

"It's going well, not long left now. I think we're in for a pretty good chance this year."

"That's great. So what happens if you win the nationals?"

Bethany came back with our drinks and placed them on the table.

"Your drinks. Let me know if you need anything else" she said before quickly leaving.

Both Zach and I had a chocolate frappe in front of us with whipped cream, shaved chocolate, chocolate syrup all in a tall glass, with a strawberry to top it off. I started drinking mine only to get an amused expression from Zach.

"I think I understand Bethany now." Zach said as he took a sip.

"Wow this is good !" he exclaimed.

I stifled out a giggle. It was too hilarious Zach drinking probably one of the most girlest things on the menu.

"What's so funny Natalie?"

"Nothing. So if you win Nationals?"

"The boys get to go to Europe for a camp with some of the best,"

"Do they always put strawberries in these things?" he questioned whilst examining his drink.

"That's really cool. Not really. For the milkshakes and stuff they do. I managed to guilt trip Bethany way back to and it's kinda stuck."

"A woman of persuasion I see." he said whilst winking at me.

"You better believe it Zachary!" I responded giving a flirtatious smirk.

Bethany came to collect our glasses and asked if we needed anything.

I got Bethany to come closer before whispering "Your famous fudge brownie how Dani and I usually have it."

"Sure not a problem" she said before returning to the kitchen.

"What was that about? Should I be worried?" Zach questioned.

"Nothing and no you shouldn't."

Bethany returned not long after with a huge slice of chocolate fudge brownie complete with icecream which Zach and I shared.

Our banter went on for a while like that until we had spent over two hours at Retrouvallies. It felt as if no time had past at all. Zach just had that affect on me- everything was just so carefree.

*DANI*  

I made my way inside Retrouvallies and found Natalie immediately and came up behind her and poked her at her sides telling Zach to be quiet with my eyes.

"Dani what are you doing here?" Natalie asked as I poked at her.

"I felt like a coffee, derh! Oh hey Zach how are you?" Well not exactly I may or may not have gone through Nat's diary knowing you would be here.

"I'm good thanks and you?"

"I'm well. Oh good thing I bumped into you guys I have something to tell you. Ben got two extra tickets for this local concert if you guys would like to come with us."

"Sure, that is if Natalie wants to go, it sounds like fun. Natalie?"

"Yea it does."

"Well that's settled then. We'll all go to the concert. I'll check with Ben about the details and get Natalie to call you about the details Zach."

I was so proud of myself, everything was falling into place. Gosh I was so bad. Natalie was gonna kill me but honestly I couldn't care a less.

*~*~*

Okay so more of a filler chapter than anything else really. Hope you guys are enjoying the story and vote and comment to let me know what you think! :)

<3 Liveurdisneymoment