Forty Five

"Mari?"

"Hmm?"

Elise was sitting on Marielle's lap by the fireplace. The young woman was brushing the little girl's hair playfully.

"Did you get jealous when you weren't the last child anymore?" Elise had been wondering about it. Was Marielle jealous of her? Marielle looked like she wasn't but what if she actually was?

Elise heard the young woman giggling and she looks up to see Marielle looking fondly at her.

"Oh, Eli, I didn't get jealous. I was ecstatic because..." Marielle pinched her cheek, causing Elise to whine. She smiled cheekily. "I got a sister like you."

"Like an ass?"

Marielle rolled her eyes, her smile turning playful. She flicked Elise's forehead, causing her to whine in pain.

"The stinkiest ass."

The two girls giggled at that.
____

A tear fell down from Elise's eyes as she faced Liam.

The man had the craziest smile plastered on his face as he stared down at Elise like he was evaluating on how to dissect her in the most bloodiest way possible.

"Why..." Elise looks back at Marielle. The lady who was staring back at Elise as a tear fell down the young woman's face.

Elise's breath hitched.

"She didn't... She didn't do anything. W-Why would you—To her—Out of all people..."

____
"Out of all people, you're the dumbest."

Lucian squawked indignantly at Marielle's offending words.

A naked lady hid behind Lucian, the only thing covering her was the man's sheets.

Elise looked at nothingness with horror painted on her face. She had seen something she wished she could erase. Something wrong and disgusting.

Oh, how she wished that she could have erased it in her memory.

"Okay, it's not my fault." Lucian started but Marielle was not having it. She gave him the most deadliest if-you-don't-shut-up-I'll-kill-you glare that made Lucian cower immediately.

Seriously, siblings were scary when you fuck with them.

Lucian pouted and looked at the ground in shame. He looked like an utter child who was about to get his ass whooped by his mother.

"Well?" Marielle asks, crossing her arms. "What do you have to say to Elise?"

Lucian mumbled something incoherent under his breath that made Marielle growl.

"What was that?"

"M' sorry." Lucian mumbled, looking at Elise with the most unapologetic look that the little girl had seen in her whole short life.

Marielle looked unsatisfied though. She tapped her foot in annoyance. "And?"

He mumbled incoherently again, pissing Marielle further.

"Lucian!"

"I promise that I'll lock my freaking door! Jeez! I'll even put a barrier or something if you need me to! Just... Can you not embarrass me in front of my date?"

The lady behind him peeked and at least she looked apologetic enough to mumble her apology.

Marielle scoffed. "I don't need to do that. You're already embarrassing yourself."
____