Thirteen

You know what the first thing that you will see when you wake up?

Something.

Not someone.

And seeing someone when Elise had opened her eyes made her heart drop and racing. She immediately sat up despite the messy hair, the morning breath and the burning
adrenaline rushing into her like lava.

"M-Mumansta-wha?" She slurred in surprise before trying to calm her beating heart. What is wrong with these people? Don't they know what knocking is? Should she show them?

After a while, she glared at the man who was looking back at her in an amused smirk.

She then narrowed her eyes at him.

"Why is the pedo name-calling asshole in my room?"

She shouted, looking at the door, hoping that someone was there to answer her question.

Nobody did.

She looked at the pedo name-calling asshole next, who looked offended and slightly annoyed.

"Why are you here?"

"That's it? No hello? No good morning?"

Elise ran her hand through her tangled, messy hair with a grumble. Her morning is now ruined.

"When we first met, there was no hello or hi, how are you, nice to meet you. You called me bitch too. Why do the same?" Elise hissed, trying her best not to stuck out her tongue out like a child.

It was tempting though.

And he deserves it.

He shrugged, making him look more of an asshole now. "For a change? You got a whole crew on board with trying on changing."

Elise groaned. "Barely." But then pointed an accusing finger at him. "But I'm not going to say hello or good morning because seeing your face made my morning horrible."

Lucian smirked. "The feeling's mutual, dollface."

She cringed. "Pedo—"

"What the heck is wrong with the endearment?" He demanded with a huff, placing his hand on his hip. "Damn it, girl. I swear, I'll call you something worse if you don't stop it."

Elise blinked owlishly at him like he had grown two heads before humming in understanding.

"Pedophile." Elise mumbled.

He narrowed his eyes at the acting-innocent girl in front of him.

He scowled. "Bitch."

"Ohohoho, what happened to change?" She taunted haughtily, making his scowl deeper.

"I'm not changing for a rat like you."

She looked at him, offended. "Why am I a rat?"

"First of all, you're ugly—"

"Hey!"

"—And easily killed, small and stupid."

She scoffed, clearly annoyed now. And offended. "And you're a bean."

He gave her a confused stare before blinking in amusement at her. "A what? A bean? Out of everything you could've call me, a bean is what you chose?"

He laughed in a hyena like way while looking at her like she was stupid. "You really are a rat!"

She was also wondering why she had just called him a bean out of everything else.

Damn it, now she looks stupid.