Thirty Six

"She's dead... "

"If I were this clingy then I'm sorry."

Everyone in the room looks at Lucian in irritation and the man only raised his hand in mock surrender.

"Okay, no need to give me the stinky eye at the person who saved little miss weeping willow here."

Elise glared at him dangerously. "Who are you calling---"

"Well, because of you, she met a squirrel." Marielle said, glaring at the said squirrel boy.

Cleo grinned mischievously and to be more annoying, he trudged closer to Elise to the point where their shoulders were touching.

"Are you blaming Aubrie for what happened?"

Of course not! How could anyone blame the little innocent angel?

Marielle glared hard at the boy instead. "Watch your mouth and don't call her Aubrie."

Cleo chuckled lightly, his golden eyes were glaring daggers at Marielle's red ones. "Just because you're jealous that my lady didn't give you permission to use her second name doesn't mean that you have to take your anger out on me."

Elise sighed. "Cleo..."

"Oh, the nerve!" Marielle growled, stalking towards the boy with large steps. "This squirrel boy's gonna get---"

Alice grabbed Marielle by the ear, causing Marielle to squeak in fright at the sudden action, plus, it hurts!

Holy shit, it hurts!

"Ow! Ow! Ow! Ow!"

"Because of Lucian, my golden slipper is now ruined." Alice sighed theatrically, ignoring the squawks of denial from the second eldest and ignoring the squawks of pain from Marielle. "Thanks, by the way."

"Alice! Ow! My ear, I'm sorryyy---"

Marielle was ignored.

"Oh, yeah. Blame the hero." Lucian pouted, throwing his hands up in the air. "The hero, which was me by the way, in case everyone has forgotten about it, is always to blame.
"

"You know, I sometimes forget how you're older than me." Alice said with a disgusted look on his face. It was as if the fact that Lucian was older than him had disgusted him to the point where everyone believes that Alice is much older than Lucian.

Alice then freed Marielle's ears, causing the young woman to immediately nurse it as soon as she had her it back.

Marielle agreed to Alice while hissing at the pain the latter caused. "I question the same thing."

"You know, I could be mature." Lucian said, nodding to himself with a secretive smirk on his face.

"I think not." Elise exclaimed with a bemused look plastered on her face.

Cleo only snickered at that.

"Oh, great." Marielle added, rolling her eyes. "I do wonder where your maturity runs off to since it's leaving a man baby in our care."

"It runs off to the bedroom where my maturity and my big large dic---"

"Lucian!" Alice hissed at his brother, cringing. "I don't need a mental image! Gross. Don't be so disgusting."

"Yeah, don't be so disgusting!" Marielle parrots, childishly blowing a raspberry at their second eldest.

Lucian deflated at that with a small offended pout. "My junior's not disgusting... "