Eight

His hands on my neck.

His eyes that were glowing red.

His brutal strength.

That swore that it will bring me to my death.

"Elise..."

She opened her eyes.

"Elise."

Her hands were shaking.

"Elise?"

She couldn't express what she was feeling. Nobody would understand what she was feeling. Nobody would know what she was hearing. Nobody would understand what they were saying.

"Elise!"

They sang words they knew she couldn't bear. They know what makes her tick. Always. She knew she should follow. She knew they were right. The voices inside her head were molded into perfect instructions for her to follow aggressively.

She was overconfident, thinking that she could be as free as them, that she could be as brave as them, as nonchalant, as lovely, as frightening, as carefree, as perfect, as them.

Their words were right.

Why would fate choose her, a faker, an imperfect being, a fool, to be like one of them?

Why would fate choose her, a human being who wasn't as brave and as smug as everyone thought she was, be one of them?

It doesn't make sense.

Nothing ever did when she stepped into this place.

She knew what the bond between them really was.

Elise knew how powerful and how unbreakable it really was.

The familial bond makes the two connected partners be more better. To become better.

Elise was connected to the Lazuli mother thus automatically connecting Elise to her family.

And they were supposed to become better.

They were supposed to become something.

Elise was supposed to feel loved. To feel protected, secured, hidden and cared for.

Yet, why did it feel like Elise had fallen to worst?

Why did this bond become her additional chains?

Why had she felt incomplete when the bond was supposed to make you feel like everything had fallen into place?

Why did she shed tears when she was supposed to be showing smiles and joy?

Why were she saved if she were going to be treated like dirt?

Isn't that as bad as dying in that forest?

Isn't death a much better way to go than having to suffer long nights of wondering and enduring people who doesn't even give you a second look?

Her hands were shaking.

"Elise!"

She felt suffocated.

"Hey!"

She felt like she was under water.

"She isn't responding!"

She felt tired.

"Elise! Say something!"

Why did it feel lonely?

Something burned her shoulder and she moved away as quickly as possible, feeling her breath leave her lips, quick and heavy, as she looked at the person in front of her.