Thirty Five

There is a man that dances in darkness as he sang histories worth telling to children. He travels with nothing to give, he is a poor traveller who burns with pain.

This man is one savage son who never lowers his voice. He looks at the stars and the moon, naming it every night he wakes, singing heathen songs, one that could be heard all throughout the forest, catching attention to those who would listen.

This man is both adored and hated, with golden eyes worth saving. He has a smile everytime you see him, with scars littered across his skin, he tells its stories to those who would listen and hunts those who do not.

He has golden eyes---

___

It is said the golden jewel eye wielders were known as a disgrace to all Gods and Goddesses. However, they were powerful beings who could be used to call upon strong spirits and demons.

During the dark ages, those with golden eyes were used for many reasons.

Their tears were used to heal. If you carve out their eyes, it would turn into a pure blue jewel which could heal a lot of people and even revive the dead.

However, it was very costly. Death is the price anyone would pay because savages would forcefully carve out their golden eyes to use it for their own benefits.

Therefore, those with golden jeweled eyes would carve out their own eyes and kill themselves so that those who turned a blind eye for greed would never reach them.

nO oNe WaS sAfE

There were some people who were after their blood. Their blood were pure and holy and would often be used for purifying swords. They would be chained up in a basement of a blacksmith, stabbing them when their blood was necessary.

The dark ages were known to be a battlefield between humans, the peculiar and demons, therefore, the need for golden eye wielders were crucial.

Some even said that if you drink their blood, one would turn immortal and so people had cases of infidelity and rape while taking advantage of a golden wielder's blood and tears.

Therefore, those wielders would kill themselves using their own blood. They would taint it so that others could not have them.

Because of that, the fifth uncrowned king was born and he was a savage------

"Aubrie."

Cleo closed the book Elise was reading, he wore a little gentle smile on his face as he pointedly look at the little girl. Elise huffed indignantly at him.

"Please don't read such brutal things." Cleo pleaded with an innocent smile on his face but since they have a bond, Elise felt his fear.

She smiled smugly. "Are you doing this for my sake or yours?"

He pouted in irritation. "Both, of course."

Elise grinned at that, wanting to continue to tease him but then decided against it. Elise found herself liking to tease the boy more often than not since his reactions were very humorous but then again, he takes everything to heart and Elise doesn't want to offend Cleo unknowingly.