Ten

"Am I dreaming?"

The two looked at her in bewilderment.

"No, why?" Marielle answered back with a smile, making Elise slightly make a face.

"Why are you nice?" It was so alarming that Elise doesn't know if the one in front of her was really the Marielle she knows.

Elise looked At Alice in perplexity. "Why is she nice?"

Alice snorted at her expression and shrugged. "Maybe she just wanted to be nice for a change."

Well, that's a big leap of change.

Elise looked at Marielle in sudden pity. "Or maybe she just finally really lost her marbles. You lost your marbles, didn't you?"

The young woman suddenly glared at Elise in irritation. "I am not crazy! I just wanted to be nice today!"

"Ooooh, scary." Elise and Alice said in unison making them chuckle like children.

"And why are you two so creepy?" Marielle narrowed her eyes at them.

"Why, indeed." Alice winked at Elise, making her giggle.

"Indeed, oh, why?" Elise exclaimed in amusement.

Marielle rolled her eyes. "Why can't you two be the nice ones?"

"We are nice." Elise defended.

"Yeah, we're not doing anything insulting other than being creepy." Elise mused.

"Apparently, everything's wrong with that." Alice pointedly said with an amused smile.

Elise placed her chin on her palm, looking at Marielle while snickering at Marielle's expression of pure wrath.

"Fuck off!"

"Where did you put your marbles, miss?" She teased with a grin. "You must've been so lost without it."

"I'm being nice because of you, you know."

Ah.

Elise's grin fell as she looked at Marielle, sudden sadness dwelled deep inside her.

When she woke up, she remembered everything she said. Elise was and still is mad at herself for not regretting what she said to them.

There was nothing to regret, to be honest. All she said was the truth and she'll probably blurt all of those out sooner or later so it's best if she were to say it earlier.

Elise was trying but not because she wanted them to be a one big family to them. Family was a concept that Elise had long forgotten and had bad memories of. Family wasn't something that Elise had been searching for and had been longing for. Although she wanted to earn some sort of love and gentleness from this family, that doesn't mean that she wanted to be a part of their family.

No, it's only because of survival. If she were to leave their side, she'll die or maybe go bonkers with the cons of the bond. She doesn't want to die. Not yet anyways. Surviving was the only thing that she had known and learned from this world.

She's sure that the moon knows that.

Like it knows her other stories and immeasurable peril.

Elise secretly pitied Alice and Marielle after waking up though.

She didn't exactly know why but it's probably because they've been pulled into trying even though they didn't want to in the first place. It's like forcing someone to do something they don't like just for the sake of another person.