Fifty Six

"I never asked Eli about her favorite flower." Lucian said with a sad smile. Tears fell from his eyes as he looked at the night sky. "All I know was that she liked the moon very well."

"We don't know her that well if you think about it." Alice said, looking like he was going to shut down. He clenched his fist until blood dripped down from it. "Oh, El..."

Kieran didn't say anything but he placed a comforting hand on his brother's shoulder. His other hand held an acorn that seemed to belong to Elise before. It was placed on her drawer before.

Serafino didn't even hide his tears. Out of everyone, he was secretly closer to Elise. He just saw that girl as his... Little bambina.

His little one.

In his eyes, Elise was this little infant. The most vulnerable infant out of his children that needed protection.

Elise needed protection.

Isobel cried alongside her husband while she hugged a sad, Cleo who clenched Elise's favorite things. A history book, the blue glowing flower that he gave to her and an acorn.

Marielle looked outside the window, her hand touching the glass. She looked at the grave where her sister rested.

It's funny. Whenever it's Elise's death anniversary, the moon seemed to be whole and glimmering like it was paying respect to Elise.

Marielle placed her forehead gently on the glass with a sigh.

"I'm sorry."

______

"I just need answer as to why I'm an adult!" Elise groaned, feeling frustrated at her current situation. The two ethereal being stared at her like she was crazy.

She wasn't! She was just freaking out!

"Obviously, that's your current age if you were alive." Duh was left out but Elise could hear it in Aurora's tone. Selene nodded with a warm smile.

Elise sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose. It seems that she was even more stressed out in this place than where she stayed on earth. Nothing made sense here! Everything seemed unclear and Elise was feeling a deep sense of fear once again. She had always hated cluelessness. It always made her look like a fool playing the smart card.

"Nothing here is obvious." Elise muttered while she was deep in thought. If no one could help her solve her problem then she'd have to solve it herself.

However, Selene didn't seem to see that as she hit her brother's arm weakly. "She doesn't understand, brother mine."

Aurora scoffed. "How is that my problem?"

Selene pouted. "You must explain it."

"I have! If she cannot understand that then she must try to understand it on her own." Aurora answered stubbornly. "I don't have time for flimsy games, Selene! I'm busy!" Flames erupted beneath him, his eyes glinting in violet while he glared at his sister.

Selene didn't seem to be bothered by his temper. She just huffed as her eyes turned glassy once again. The woman looked upset and disappointed at how her persuasion turned out.

"Oh, you two are hopeless." A deep voice rumbled. Elise was so used to things showing up out of nowhere that she just sighed loudly, looking very annoyed at whoever made the noise.