Chapter-25

After Xander bid his goodbye. All of them got up to leave. Chris was carrying the tiffin box where as Sofia was holding her hands. On the way of walking many people were whispering while looking at them. She heard some the whispers, "What a luck? Pretty face always wins isn't it?" 

She shook her head a little to avoid those whispers. After they dropped her outside her house she took her phone out and send a quick text to Xander. After she settled herself at home she made a hot coca for herself and took that in the balcony so that she can enjoy the night view. She looked the moon and sighed a little, "Life has never been this crazy mom. Shit I don't even have my own memory what am I even talking." She got up from the balcony seat and went to her bedroom to sleep.

Morning...

Notifications popping one after another. Elanor rubbed her eyes  and shouted, "Who died this early in the morning?" Suddenly her phone started to ring, "Hmm."

"Ela bear are you sleeping even in this crisis?" She got up again from her bed, "What crisis?"

"Pictures of you and brother in law is everywhere. I would rather be surprise if there are no reporters outside your house. By the way I am still expecting for you to tell me WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON? "

After that she told him everything. 

" Wow Ela bear you literally got two best man wrapped around your fingers. Mr. X and Alexander Knight. I already collected my treat from your first husband when your second hubby is going to treat me. I will be leaving tomorrow....."

"Harris actually...." Suddenly she heard Esme shouting voice. "Hey I will talk to you later. Got to go. Bye."

Esme was sitting on the couch with Steven. When she sensed the the cold air in the room. She decided to took an U turn and tip toe back to her room but looks like luck was definitely not on her side. "YOU DON'T YOU DARE TAKE ANOTHER STEP.  COME HERE AND STAND RIGHT INFRONT OF ME. NOW ELANOR."

"I send you there for a trip am I right?" Elanor looked at her sister, "It was a coincidence Esme. It wasn't intentional." Esme laughed, " Coincidence? His parents literally dropped you outside our house last night. Tell me Elanor are you that stupid? That man is tricking you can't you see like he did before?" Steven suddenly came forward, "No Esme." Esme slapped his hand away, "This is between me and my sister. You not allowed to interrupt me." 

"Like before? I met Xander before? You guys know something which I don't right?" Esme's eyes widened when she realized what she just did, "Elanor its not the right time. We will talk later."

Elanor breathed out, "right time......." She looked at her, "You are talking about RIGHT TIME! I want to know everything now before I do something for which it will make you regret forever. I WANT EVERYTHING OUT NOW." Esme jumped a little when she realized Elanor was on the edge of getting a panic attack. "Ok ok first sit down. Steven water hurry. Calm down a little I will tell you everything. I promise." After Elanor calmed down Esme told her everything.

"Do you have any idea what I went through all these years? How badly I wanted to look for all the missing puzzles of two years of my life?" Esme was feeling guilty, "I am so sorry Elanor. I know what your...."

"Stop. Just stop. You don't know a thing. You don't wake up and find out our mom has been dead for years. You don't wake up and find your sister got married. Even though I did plan everything with dad. I don't remember a thing. I am tired...please leave me alone. I will pass on lunch and breakfast today."

She slammed her doors shuts and sat on the floor leaning on the door, "Why do you have to be the bad person? I loved you with all my heart but even you hid things from me. I asked you so many times but you always avoided me."

She texted Harris, "You want to go to the beach. I will pick you up." Harris send a thumps up as a reply on her message. She packed her bag and went downstairs to grab her car keys. "Where are you going?" asked Steven. She looked at him, "To get some peace I really need it." 

Beach.....

She walked on the cool sand with her friend by her side. "Everything is so messed up Harris. The worst part is that I feel like I am trapped and I am running out of choices." He put a hand over shoulders, "Everyone has a choice bear. I know you will figure everything out." She leaned on his shoulder, "I missed you a lot. Its beautiful isn't it." Both of them looked at the sunset.

Home...

She walked inside her house and found a note on the shoe rack, "We are taking Jenna for her monthly shot. We might be late." She walked inside and turned on all the lights of the house. Suddenly she felt someone's presence behind her. When she looked back she jumped and screamed. It was Xander who was sitting on the sofa. He got up and walked towards her while Elanor was rooted on the same place. She looked away while he wrapped his hands around her waist, "I got rid of the reporters." She tried to remove his hand but failed, "Xander I think you should go. I am just came from outside I need some rest."

"How was your little date I heard your friend is going back tomorrow." She didn't say anything she kept looking away, "What's wrong?" She looked at him, "You tell me because the way I am looking at things I find everything wrong." 

"Just stop hiding things Xander we met before right?" His eyes widened, "I..."