Chapter 26

Rainy

It was finally the weekend and I woke up feeling very happy. I can't believe that Shawn said 'I love you' to me. It's still so surreal.

I got up out of bed and made my way to the bathroom while doing my usual morning routine and then made my way back to my room to get changed.

My outfit consisted of black leggings and a plain white tee shirt with my white converse.

I walked out my room and down the stairs into the kichen. I started making my coffee and made some avocado toast for breakfast. I was more excited for my coffee then my toast.

Soon enough it was 10:00 a.m. and Jacob started coming downstairs. As I was eating he came near me and ruffled my hair.

"Good morning idiot." I said to him as nicely as possible. Not!

He just grumbled at me and poured himself a cup of coffee and sat down next to me. We were both sitting there on our phones just relaxing. This is definately a reason why I love the weekends.

After my breakfast I went to go for a walk so that I could call Shawn without interuptions. I went outside and started walking down my street. I dialed Shawns number and put my phone up to my ear.

'Hey baby how are you?' Shawn answered.

'Hi! I miss you already. What are you up to?' I responded.

'I miss you to haha! I'm just doing some homework. Maybe you could come over later?' he asked.

'I'll ask to make sure but yes I wanna come over.' I said.

After we talked for a while I walked back home and went in the living room. I sat on the couch and played on my phone for a while.

An hour later Matt came down and sat next to me.

"Het Matty what's up?" I asked.

"Hey I wanted to tell you something." he urged.

"Tell me what?" I said.

"Well Bailey and I are now a couple." he declared.

"What?!" I blurted out. "Already? You guys just started dating though."

"I asked her to be my girlfriend last night. I like her a lot." he continued.

To say I was shocked was an understatement. I mean come on! Matt with a girlfriend, he can't even take care of himself half the time.

"Um, how are you even able to have a girlfriend? You can't even make ramen noodles without burning yourself!" I snapped.

"Hey I can make ramen noodles anyday! Plus I'm really crazy about this girl. I feel like you would like her. She may or may not be coming here for dinner." he insisted.

"She's coming here for dinner?! Does dad know?" I shouted.

"Yes dad knows. He's the one who wanted her to come over. Please Rainy will you give her a chance? She's not some fling I picked up." he reasoned with me.

"Okay okay okay. I'll give her a chance. But if I don't like her then don't expect me to be nice." I declared.

"Deal. You won't regret it. She's really sweet and caring." he gushed.

Later that afternoon I went over to Shawns house and we watched my favorite movie, Mulan. She is my favorite disney princess.

We cuddled and ended up falling asleep until I realized I had to go home to be on time for dinner tonight to meet this Bailey girl officially.

"Don't worry babe, you'll be fine. Just give her a chance." Shawn said to me while walking me to my car.

"Ugh! You sound like Matt. I'll be on my best behavior. I love you." I reassured.

"I love you too." he said while I got in my car.

When I got home I went upstairs to go get changed into something a little more presentable.

I put on a cute sun dress and applied some light makeup. I went downstairs and everyone was in the living room. Still no sign of Bailey though.

"Rainy be good tonight please." Jacob lectured me.

"I know okay! I know how important this is for Matty." I reasured him and he nodded.

Walking into the kitchen dad is making spagetti and meatballs. Yummy!

"Hey dad, do you need any help?" I greeted him.

"Hey sweetie, yeah if you could just make the salad please." he answered.

I nooded and took out the lettuce and tomatoes. As we made the food I started to become more nervous. Maybe becasue I just hope she treats my brother right.

Even though my brothers are all overprotective of me I can be overprotective too. They are my brothers and I love them and don't want them to get hurt. At least not by me haha!

Suddenly the doorbell rang and I heard Matt yell 'I got it!'. I looked at my dad and gave him a small smile.

"Are you ready to meet her?" I asked him.

"I guess. I hope she's nice." he patted me on my back and started to walk out to greet her.

Well here we go. I walked into the living room and put a smile on my face. There she stood next to Matt with a bright smile and was laughing at something Jacob said.

"Hello it's nice to formally meet you." I greeted her.

"Hi nice to see you. I've heard quite a lot of things about you." she replied.

"I hope all good things. Although coming from Matt probably not haha!" I continued.

"Nope, all good things. I hope we can become really good friends." she resumed.

"Oh I think we will." I insisted.

Soon after talking for a little bit and her introducing herself to everyone dinner was being served and we all sat down at the dining table.

"So how did Matthew find a nice girl like you?" Ryan asked Bailey.

"Honestly I'm surprised I even fell for him." she answered him.

"I'm sorry you did fall for him." I laughed.

"Hey! I happen to be very good looking and I happen to have manners." he recalled.

"Oh sure, sure. Keep lying to yourself. Bailey I would run now hahaha!" I jumped in.

She laughed along with the rest of us. "Oh I like this girl Matty."

I smiled at her. Okay maybe she isn't that bad after all.

Omg I've returned! I'm a bad writer lol. I hope you enjoyed the chapter :)