Chapter 2

Rainy Sky

After school Brooklyn, Rylan, and I went to a coffee shop to hang out. I didn't ask anyone so hopefully I don't get in trouble. But I'm allowed to do things too. I shouldn't have to worry. It's not like I'm talking or hanging out with anyone I shouldn't. They all trust Brooklyn and Rylan.

     We sat there for 2 hours just talking about random things. "Is there anyone you're interested in?"Brooklyn asks. "Maybe. But it's nothing serious." I replied. "Give me all the details."she demands. Just then I got a text from my brother Ryan telling me I needed to come home. Talk about me being saved by the bell. But on other words, I was nervous to go home and see my family's reaction of me when I get home.

     "I have to go. Love you!"I told her. "You got lucky. I better hear all about this later."she said. I nodded and left to walk home. I know they won't be happy that I walked home alone but I don't have a ride. Oh well.

     On my walk home it started to rain. Just great! You may think because my name is Rainy that I would like rain, but I don't. Especially if I don't have an umbrella. Luckily I was only 5 minutes away. It had seemed like the rain was getting harder and I was not happy about that.

Once home I got inside and in seconds my family was attacking me. I yelled to try and get their attention. "Hello! Can't breathe."I struggled. They finally let go and my father started questioning me.

     "Where were you? We were all worried. You should've told us you were going out."my father explained. "Look, all I wanted was just some girl time with my friends. Unlike all of you, you all get to go out with friends and do fun things. I never get to do anything by myself. Face it! I'm a senior in high school. I'm not 10 anymore." I argued.

     They all looked guilty. Including dad which is saying a lot. I rolled my eyes and stomped up the stairs to my room. I just wanted to be left alone. I missed mom. If she was here today she would understand me and help me out. I wish she could be here. I stared at the ceiling just thinking of old memories with mom when I heard a knock at my door.

     "Go away!" I yelled. "Princess, can I come in?" I hear Matthew whisper into the door. I say a quick yes and he strolls right in and sits on my bed giving me a guilty and comforting look. Out of all my brothers Matthew was my favorite. He always knew what to say and how to deal with situations. Sometimes he can be a bit scary like dad but most of the time he's the most caring brother.

"We're sorry princess. Please forgive us. We just care about you and want you to be safe."He starts. Although I want to stay mad forever, I can't. They are my family and family always comes first.

     I end up forgiving them and I'm pretty sure they were all outside of my room eavesdropping because they all started piling in the room giving me all a bear hug which I can't complain, they are the best type of hugs

     Later that night I took a shower and got ready for bed. What a day. My first day of school is over and tomorrow is the second. It's crazy. I can't believe I'm going to graduate soon. I slowly drifted off into a deep slumber thinking about life.

Sorry this took so long. Enjoy. Peace out ✌🏼