Chapter 17

Rainy

It was finally Friday and I couldn't be happier. It seems as though this week was the longest one. But alas, I had to get up out of my cozy bed and get ready for school.

I threw on a pair of "mom" jeans and a white blouse with my favorite converse sneakers. After I finished getting ready I went downstairs and started to make a cup of coffee. I even cooked some eggs and cut up an apple for my breakfast.

By the time I finished eating my yummy food and drinking my morning coffee Jacob had come downstairs and we were off to school. I was already ready for this day to end. Everyone was. We rode in awkward silence and I didn't mind it too much. I was not ready for confrontation just yet.

Once we got to school Jacob and I went our separate ways like usual. I got to my locker and soon after Brooklyn and Rylan arrived.

"Hey boo

"Hey boo. What's up?" Brooklyn asked.

"Nothing much, just ready for this day to be over. How are you guys?" I responded.

"We're good." they replied simultaneously.

We continued to talk until the bell finally rang and we were off to first period. During class I informed them of Matt and I's conversation. They were shocked to say the least but they were glad I was able to talk to him.

"So when should I tell the rest of my family? Tomorrow?" I asked.

"Yeah definitely do it tomorrow. Get it out of the way." Rylan responded and Brooklyn nodded in agreement.

"I guess. It's only fair that everybody knows." I agreed.

The rest of class was boring after our conversation and we were soon off to our next class. Thank God!

Finally the day ended and I decided to walk home today. I just felt like being alone and it was totally worth it. The sky was a pretty blue color and there was a nice breeze in the air. I really needed this walk.

I finally got home and trudged my way up the stairs. I decided I would finish up my homework while episodes of Friends was playing in the background.

Soon enough, everyone got home from work and school and I decided to do downstairs. I was prepared for it to be awkward and crazy but it ended up being really calm in the house. Thank God!

We ate dinner quickly after I went downstairs and I headed up back to my room once we were done. I really miss hanging out with my family in a non awkward way. I can't wait to tell them everything so we can go back to being "normal".

You may being asking, "well why not tell them now?" and here's why I don't want to them yet...

I want everyone, including me, to have a clear mindset so we can have a peaceful discussion. I don't feel like arguing anymore. Plus, this is not just some random guy I'm going out with. This is a guy who has been with our family for years and is the best friend to Ryan.

This a touchy subject becuase of the guy being Shawn but most importantly because I'm not even allowed to hang out with the opposite gender except my dad and brothers.

So that is why I want to tell them tomorrow instead of now. Plus I'm really tired and want to go to bed soon. I don't have the energy to do anything right now. This has been the longest week in history.

The next morning came quicker than I had wanted but nontheless I feel recharged from being able to sleep in. Yay!

I got chanded in a sweatshirt and some pajama shorts while putting some fuzzy socks on and headed towards the kitchen. In the kitchen sat my dad and all of my brothers.

"Morning." I mumbled.

I got a couple good mornings and the rest were silent. I guess it was still awkward around here. Picking up an apple and getting the jar of peanut butter I sat down at the dining table where everyone was sat. I cut my apple into small slices and dipped my apples in the peanut butter. Does anyone else do this?

I then decided that now would be a great time to tell everybody. Let's get this out of the way. Especially while Matt is still here, it makes it easier to tell everyone now because he knows and understands how important this is for me.

I cleared my throat and started with, "So..."

Ha ha ha (supposed to be an evil laugh)! I left you guys on a cliff hanger. :)