Chapter 12

Rainy

        The weekend flew by quickly after my date with Shawn. My family didn't suspect a thing luckily.  Monday was sadly here and I was totally dreading staying up until one A.M. last night binge watching Friends. I finally convinced myself to get out of bed to get dressed.

          After getting dressed I went downstairs and tried to find something in this house that's relatively tasty. Unfortunately, I live with only males and all they do is inhale the junk food. Don't ask me how they stay fit. I ended up just eating an apple while waiting for Jacob to come down and take us to school.

          Ten minutes passed and suddenly I heard footsteps coming down the stairs. "Hey, you ready?" Jacob asked. I nodded and we headed out the door. We were off to a place what I call prison. At least Brooklyn and Rylan will be there. That's the only thing I'll be looking forward to this day. And hopefully a text from Shawn.

          We haven't spoken since the date. But hopefully he will text me soon. Or maybe I should text him. Oh boy. I definitely need to talk to Brooklyn and Rylan. Once we got to school I went straight towards my locker where I knew Brooklyn and Rylan would be. 

          "Hey you guys what's up?" I asked them. "Nothing. Totally dreading this week. It's only the second week of school and I already hate it." Brooklyn answered. Rylan groaned and I totally understood what she was groaning about.

          " Hey so I have a question. Do you think I should wait until Shawn texts me or should I text him?" I asked them. "Well boys are stupid and clueless so I think if you text him first he might become more interested in you." Rylan answered. I nodded and we all headed to class.

          The day went by slower than I wanted but finally it was time to go home. Unfortunately I have to wait for Jacob to finish his football practice before I go home. I walk over to the fields and sit on one of the benches near the coach. Coach Mark is good friends with my dad so he doesn't mind me sitting with him.

          I sat on my phone and did some homework for over an hour and they still weren't done. "Hey coach is practice almost over?" I asked. "Yeah a couple more minutes and they can go to the showers." He replied. Thank god! I was getting so bored. Then it hit me. I should text Shawn now. What should I say? Maybe I'll just say hey. That'll work.

          Hey   Sent by me.

          Hey you what's up?    Sent by Shawn.

          I really enjoyed hanging out with you.   Sent by me.

          "Who are you texting?" Jacob suddenly came into my vision. Quickly putting my phone away I responded, "Brooklyn! Just girl stuff like periods." "Eww gross. You didn't have to go into that much detail." He yelled out.

          We walked in silence to his car and we drove home just listening to music in the background. When we got home I walked inside and set my stuff down near the door. "Hey sweet girl how was your day?" Dad asked. "It was fine. I totally didn't want to go but I went. How was your day?" I responded.

          And that's how the rest of the night went. We all ate dinner and watched TV until I decided to go to bed. Once I got to bed I looked at my notifications.

          1 new text message from: Shawn

Finally back into writing. Yay!