Chapter 4

Rainy

As school ended I started to walk home. Jacob had football practice and he never lets me drive his car. So basically I walk home everyday. I could get a ride home from Brooklyn and Rylan but they both have sports after school. Why is everyone so athletic around here? Is it a sign I should get back into shape? Nah. I'll be fine.

When I got home I changed into a green jumper and some blue ripped skinny jeans and put my hair into a messy bun. (Picture up top) I walked back downstairs and saw my brothers Ryan and Matt on the couch. I plopped myself in between them and situated myself in a comfortable position. "I'm still mad at you Ryan." I murmured. "I'm sorry princess." he replied.

As the evening came, Shawn came over and we all sat around the couch eating pizza. We talked about random things and then fell into a comfortable silence. Once I finished eating I went up to my bedroom to get some homework done. I pulled out all of my papers and went over to my desk to finish them.

In the middle of doing my homework I heard a knock at my door. Figuring it was just one of my brothers I yelled out for them to come in. I was surprised to see Shawn when I turned to see who it was. "Hey what's up?" I asked. "Just came to see you. How's school going?" He replied. "It's okay. Boring. How's college?" I answered. "Great. I will say it's boring without you." He smirked.

     I blushed and looked down at my suddenly very interesting hands

     I blushed and looked down at my suddenly very interesting hands. "You want to come out with your brothers and I to go to the bowling ally?"he asked. I looked back up at him and nodded while getting up. "Cool. We'll leave in 5 minutes." He said. "Okay."I replied. He then walked out and I put on my black converse. I walked out of my room and down the stairs to meet up with my brothers and Shawn.

     We all got in the car and I somehow managed to be squeezed into the middle seat. "You know, just because I'm the youngest doesn't mean I always have to sit in the middle. I am a girl. Have you guys ever heard of chivalry?" I demanded. They all looked at me and laughed. How rude! "Awe sorry baby sis." Ryan replied.

     Once we got to the bowling alley we all got to our lane and set up the games. Matt went to go get us some pizza and I sat on the little couch. Shawn then came to sit next to me. "So have you started thinking of a college you want to go to?" He asked. "I'm not sure. Maybe the community college or something close by. I love this area so I want to stay close." I answered. He nodded and slugged his arm around me. I blushed and looked down at me shoes. I always blush at the worst times.

     Just then Matt came back with the pizza and Shawn's arm disappeared from around me and he scooted away. We had some pizza and played about 3 games and I lost all of them. We then went home. We said our goodbyes to Shawn and headed home. At home I went up to my room and got changed into some comfy clothes for bed. Just then Matthew poked his head into my room and asked if he could come in. I nodded and he sat on my bed.

     "You don't like Shawn right?" He asked. Oh no! "What! Ew! Gross.  I could never." I lied. He gave me a look and then said, "Okay. Just making sure. Goodnight baby sis." I said a quick goodnight and slowly drifted off to sleep. That was a close one.