Chapter 13

Rainy

Yeah... I miss you Sent by Shawn

We should see each other soon! Sent by me

I'll make it a surprise:) Sent by Shawn

Alright then. What day works for you? Sent by me

Is Wednesday okay? Sent by Shawn

Of course. See you then. :) Sent by me

See ya! ;) Sent by Shawn

          I finally put my phone down and laid there on my bed starring at the ceiling. How am I ever going to get any sleep now? Do I text my girls or do I watch reruns of Friends?

          Ugh... I'll just wait until tomorrow to tell them. In the meantime I'll just watch Friends until I can manage to fall asleep even though I probably won't get any. I'm just too excited and nervous all at the same time.

          The next morning I woke up like usual and started my day off with a large cup of coffee. I did manage to fall asleep last night but not until 3 a.m. and still I was toss and turning. I really do need this coffee if I'm going to survive the day. Nevertheless, I was actually excited to go to school. I was ready to tell Brooklyn and Rylan about my upcoming date and we need to talk about a plan to get me out of my house.

           After finishing my cup, I went upstairs back to my room and got ready for the day. Wearing a comfy over sized sweater and black leggings, I was ready to head out the door. But unfortunately, I still had to wait for Jacob to get up and get dressed.

          Once Jacob finished we headed out the door and drove to school in silence

          Once Jacob finished we headed out the door and drove to school in silence. We were both tired and not ready to talk yet. I can never talk in the morning until I feel awake. Is that just me?

          Jacob pulled into the school and I walked to my friends after saying a muffled goodbye to him. Just as I got to my locker Brooklyn and Rylan were there waiting for me. "Hey guys!" I greeted them. "Hey what's up?" Brooklyn replied.

          "So me and Shawn are going on another date." I revealed. "Ohhhh when?" Rylan excitedly answered. "Tomorrow. But how am I going to be able to escape my family? They'll never let me out." I cried.

          "We'll figure something out. Maybe you can tell them that were going to study at Starbucks or something." Rylan and Brooklyn comforted me. I nodded and we continued to talk about the date. I told them that he wasn't going to tell me what we were going to do and that I was all nervous but excieted.

          Suddenly the bell rang and it was time for first period. Luckily Jacob wasn't in this class so Brooklyn, Rylan, and I were able to discuss all the details of the plan for tomorrow. Including what I would be wearing.

          The day had finally ended and I was so greatful that this school day is done. I have loads of homework to do and I really need to get ahead on my school work. I can't even go home yet because I have to wait for Jacob to finish football practice. At least the coach lets me sit by him. I will definitely take this time to do my homework.

          As I get to the feild I sit down at the bench and pull out my math binder and start working on my packet. ugh! I've always hated math. I mean will I ever use this crap in my life? Most likely not.

          While I'm doing my homework all the boys are practicing and the coach is constantly yelling and correcting them. Pretty soon they're all done and they go to the showers. I put all my belongings into my school bag and give coach a hug and say goodbye. Walking to the car I meet Jacob halfway and we both talk about our day and such.

          We finally get home after a long day and I couldn't be more happy. To be honest I missed all my family. I plopped down on the couch next to Matthew. I rested my head on his shoulder and apparently I fell asleep because the next thing I am doing is waking up for dinner.

          We all sat at the table and started serving ourselves. Grilled chicken and pasta. My favorite! "So... is it okay if tomorrow night I go study at Starbucks with Brooklyn and Rylan?" I asked casually. "At night? Who's taking you and dropping you off home? How long will you be gone for?" Dad bombarded me with a million questions.

          "Umm... They both will pick me up and drop me off and I don't know how long I will be gone for. Is that okay?" I answered as best as I could hoping he will say yes. "I don't know.  I guess, just make sure you text us when you get there and keep us updated." he replied. "Thank you!" I said happliy with a grin.

          "What are you studying for" Ryan asked suspiciously. Oh crap! "Umm... It's for our upcoming English test?" I said but it sounded like more of a question. "And when is this important test?" Ryan continued. Everyone was looking at me and I was totally not prepared for this. "Well it's next week on... Tuesday." I replied. "Hmm." was all he said.

          The rest of dinner was awkward. Small talk was made but that was it. When everyone finished dinner I helped clean up with Matt. "So is there anything you want to tell me Rainy" Matt said sternly. " Umm... no why?" I cautiously asked. "No reason. You know you can tell us anything right? And you can be honest with us right?" he prompted. I nodded and looked down feeling a bit guilty for hiding what's really going on.

          I went to bed that night with a guilty feeling. I wish I could tell them every thing but they wouldn't let me go out with Shawn and I really like him and want this to work.

Finally another update. Who else is excited for this date??