Chapter 25

Rainy

The week was flying by and soon enough it was Friday night. Somehow I had convinced my family to let me go to Shawn's house. I was really excited but nervous. I haven't really seen his parents since I was like 10 when Shawn and Ryan started going to middle school.

So I guess you can call this 'meeting the parents'. I dressed in a fuzzy colorful top and a pair of jeans. I finished the outfit off with my white converse and a pink purse.

I walked downstairs and there was Shawn talking to Ryan in the living room

Shawn turned to look at me and started to walk towards me. We hugged and he pecked my lips.

"You ready babe?" he asked me.

"Yeah let's go." I replied and we walked out the front door.

Once we got to his house I started to feel butterflies in my stomach. Why am I so nervous? Shawn got out of the car and went around to open my door. Once out of the car we walked up to the front door and walked in.

"Mom! Dad! I'm home." he anounnced.

His mom came rushing to the front door to greet us. She pushed her son out of the way and came straight to give me a hug. I giggled and hugged her back.

I haven't seen her since before my mom passed away.

"Oh sweetie! You're so beautiful. You look just like your mother. I've missed you." she blurts out.

I smiled and just kept hugging her. I remember when I was little and we all used to have barbeques at each others homes every other weekend. Her and mom always got along.

"I've missed you too. Your house is still beautiful as ever." I complemented.

"Well thank you! Go ahead into the living room guys, dinner will be ready soon." she explained.

Shawn and I walked into their living room and sat on the brown leather couch. Shawn put his arm around me and I rested my head on his sholder.

"Dinner's ready!" Shawn's mom called from the kitchen.

We got up and Shawn and I helped set the table and sat down next to each other. Both his mom and dad came into the dining room and sat down with us.

The food looked delicious. There was chicken parmesan and a garden salad with some garlic knots. Holy food! I'm about to go to heaven.

"Thanks for inviting me over. This food looks awesome." I commented.

"Oh anything for you sweetheart. I was definetly shocked to find out you two were dating." his mother responded.

"Yeah I didn't know you two were dating until she came screaming it to me when she found out." his father said.

I giggled at that. His dad is a bit awkward but still really nice to me.

"So what do you want to do when you're done with high school? The year is almost done right?" his mom asked.

"Yeah it's crazy that the years almost done. I plan on going to the community college around here and studying to be an engligh professor one day." I responded.

"Wow, that's awesome." his mom says.

The rest of the dinner went well and I helped wash up the dishes and clean up the kitchen with Shawn.

After cleaning Shawn and I went up to his room and I sat on his bed. His room had white walls with one gray accent wall and a gray comforter on his bed to match.

He had a desk and a big dresser to hold all his clothes. I looked over at Shawn and he was just looking at me.

"What are you staring at?" I asked him. Do I have something on my face?

"I'm looking at my beautiful girlfriend." he replied.

I blushed. "Stop babe." I giggled at him.

"Rainy, I think I- I love you." he suddenly said.

Woah! I was not expecting that.

"You don't have to say it back if you're not ready but just know that when you are I will always love you." he rushed out.

"Um... I- I love you too Shawn." I said back and as soon as I did he crashed his lips down on mine.

I kissed him back with the same amount of passion he was giving me. I can't believe I love this boy and he loves me back. It's crazy!

"Shawn we need to stop." I said in between kisses.

"Ugh..." he groaned. "You're right."

Soon enough I said bye to his parents and Shawn was driving home.

"I really enjoyed tonight babe. I love you." I said proudly.

"Good I'm glad baby. I love you too." Shawn replied.

When we got to my house we sat in his car for a minute and kissed eachother. I loved kissing him. I wish we could do this forever.

"Okay I have to go." I told him.

"Alright. Love you." he replied.

"Love you too." I said getting out of his car.

I walked to my front door and walked in the house. Everybody was in the living room as usual.

I walked upstairs to my room and jumped on my bed feeling giddy. I still can't believe he said 'I love you' to me. I never thought I would ever be in a relationship and now I'm saying 'I love you' to a boy.

The rest of the night was quiet and soon enough I was falling asleep in my cozy bed.

This chapter is finally out! Hope you enjoyed!