Graduation: Chapter 18

So yeah I said time skips are going to be common for a bit...well let's just say over a year has passed. Peter and Gwen are both 18 and in 12th grade. Morgan is pretty much 1 and 1/2 years old. Peter is now 6' 1" and Gwen is still 5' 9" and they are basically adults now...let's get started.

3rd Person

Peter and Gwen were sitting next to each other on a stage. Both were decked out in blue caps, and graduation gowns, both had their tassels on the right side and were waiting for the principal to begin. Searching the large crowd for the Stark family was pointless, all of the guests were sitting in the stands, Midtown had rented a small football stadium (as the school didn't have their own) so everyone was packed together.

 The stage and the seats for all the graduates were set up in the center of the field, If it weren't for the speakers and other equipment no-one would be able to hear them. But while like all Midtown events it was rather poorly planned. Peter and Gwen couldn't be more excited. They were graduating.

The principal began his speech. 

(A/N quick note, I have only been to one graduation, and much like any wedding I have ever been to I fell asleep for most of it, so I have no idea how they work, or what is said, so if it is lacking...sorry) 

"Ladies and Gentlemen, today we are here to watch these young adults, join the community as workers, college students, and citizens. Today these children join us as adults, let's give a round of applause for the class of 2020!" 

The stadium was filled with applause. The principles took on a somber expression,

"Now before we begin...I would like us to have a moment of silence for the decimated students, especially the class of 2020. The...the class of 2020 at Midtown was the most heavily hit out of any of the other generations, we lost over 60 students, 4 whole class groups were lost. Today before we begin, we will be listing off the names of the decimated class of 2020...we miss you all...and hope you are all in a better place" 

The applause died quickly, after a few minutes of silence, a teacher came to the microphone and began listing names. 

Pepper and Tony were saddened, and shocked, at the number of Peter and Gwen's classmates were decimated, he remembered theorizing that it was only because of Gwen's arrival to their universe that Peter was spared, and though he had no proof, this moment, when all the names were being read. Showed him how close he had been to losing the boy...no man he thought of as a son. 

Peter was almost one of these names...and Tony was so lucky he wasn't.

'Whoever or whatever sent Gwen...thank you, if you had devious intentions or not...you saved Peter...so thank you' Tony went back to his moments on Titan when Dr. Strange seemed surprised that Peter was okay.

It took a while for the teacher to get through the names, as they seemed to start crying every other name, but forty minutes later they were done, and after another moment of respectful silence, graduation began. 

"Before we start, I would like to call a gifted student...our valedictorian Peter Parker up to say a few words" The principal turned to Peter, who after a quick kiss from Gwen walked up to the podium.

'This is it...come on Peter, you have been working on this speech for months...don't mess up now!'  The audience quieted for him to speak.

"My fellow students, my friends, and everyone who is here today...I would like to begin with this; Thank you, for all your support, thank you for standing by us, and leading us to this point, for leading us to this moment: Our Graduation. 

Now I for one know, that this is not the last graduation I will be in...in fact because of all of your efforts, most of us are going to universities across the country! So Thank you...for all you have done, and for all you have sacrificed.

Now today is a happy day...but also clouded by sadness, I know for a fact, that many of us are having bitter...sad thoughts in the backs of our minds...we miss our friends, our siblings, our family...I know I do...

But none of them would have wanted us to ruin today...yes, It is sad, it is horrible, the fact that almost 70% of my classmates, didn't get to see this day. 

But we should celebrate their lives, mourning is supposed to be temporary, because if it fills our lives, well... there wouldn't be much to live for, would there?

So let's remember...life is short...if we waste it by filling our heads with these bitter thoughts, then what was their sacrifice for? We should live our lives, fully, for the decimate, and the ones still here. Thank you, everyone!" 

Applause filled the stadium, Peter's speech was very different from most Valedictorian speeches. It was never meant to focus on Peter's academics or 'who made me who I am Today' because Peter didn't want to talk about himself. He just wanted people to know what he knew, life is good, and they should try to live for the decimated, not die in sorrow, for those who were gone. 

It went fine from there. Student's names were called, Degrees were passed out, scholarships were bestowed, and then everyone went home. In the car, Peter and Gwen played with Morgan, while talking with Tony ad Pepper about colleges. 

Tony had offered to send letters of recommendation to the school they wanted to go to, (Columbia University) but Peter and Gwen had wanted to get in on their own merit. 

"I don't understand you guys! I mean all it takes is a quick email...and you're in! Simple as that!" 

Pepper smacked his arm and sighed. 

"Tony, we both know they can get in without any of your help, and the urge to prove themselves is fine, I support the idea, now, will you be able to continue living with us, or are you going to stay in the college dorms?" 

At this Peter and Gwen blushed hard. Tony and Pepper looked at them suspiciously. 

Peter began to stutter out a reply "W-well, um...um I well, IBOUGHTANAPARTMENTANDMEANDGWENAREBOTHGOINGTOLIvETHERE!" Tony just looked confused. 

"Stark, using some of the practically endless amounts of money you have given us as 'Graduation Gifts' Peter and myself bought an apartment that we plan on living together in it, you know, after dating for like around 2 years and staying in the same home for all of those two years, we have gotten kinda close" 

"Oh...alright" 

Peter and Gwen looked at Tony strangely. 

"I mean, you guys are right you have both lived together for the whole time you have been dating, and don't think I didn't know that Gwen snuck into Peter's room at least once a week, whether it is sharing a bed or something else is not my business, maybe having you own place will help me sleep. I won't have my security alarms blaring at 10 at night anymore" 

Somehow Peter and Gwen blushed even harder. 

"W-what...no! T-that never happened!" 

Peter and Gwen unconsciously began holding hands. 

Parking and hopping out Tony grabbed Morgan and walking inside. Pepper quickly whispered in their ear. 

"I'm fine with it..." her voice took on a teasing tone "just use protection...alright?" She then quickly walked inside. Followed by a pair of outraged (and blushing) spider-heroes.

Done! Yeah, big time-skip...but hey that is that. I want to get to Endgame quickly, as after that the story picks up...

So yeah Gwen and Peter are graduated, and leaving the Stark home for their own apartment, a big step in their relationship, yeah so I've kinda made it that Peter and Gwen are already kinda set for life...at least financially. But come on, wouldn't we all agree that Tony would most likely give Peter a ton of money once he was an adult, and disguise it an a 'small graduation gift' I do...anyone else...no?

Alright, so a few more chapters in the relative time period, then more time skips...yeah!!!

Okay bye!!!

-RambuntiousCat