Capes & Chaos: Chapter 32

Alright! Still getting used to writing again so a little late! 

Peter and Gwen watched from atop the clock tower as the giant flaming titan began to consume the fair.  But now was no time to stop and stare, it was time to go to work. 

"Fury! The monster is in the fairgrounds! A ton of damage already!" Peter said as he leaped off the tower, "Spiders en route!" 

"Understood. Mysterio is on his way. Agents en route for damage control" 

"No don't worry about it Director, I'm sure we can take care of this on our own!" Beck's voice said through the comm. 

"I am sending agents whether you like it or not bowl-head. Spider-Man, Ghost-Spider, get in there and try to slow that thing down, NOW!" 

"Yessir" They both affirmed, sling upwards into the sky, before diving into the helioscope that had replaced the carnival. 

Landing onto the ground provided a much scarier picture than what they had seen from above. The air was heavy with smoke, a flickering orange glow was tainting the air, and of course, there was a giant frickin' lava monster eating the carousel. 

"Gwen take the right! Get those kids away from the carousel,  I'm gonna try and rework the fountain over here, get some water in on this situation!" 

"Gotcha!" 

Gwen swung in, immediately grabbing five kids who were still on their animal mounts, before swinging them to safety. Only ten more to go...and then she would move to the next ride. 

Peter landed right next to a decorative fountain, immediately running over to a covered panel and ripping the locked cover off its hinges. 

"Alright, so none of this is in English. That's cool, all good, just push all the buttons and see what happens" 

Peter began mashing buttons, and the fountain began doing all sorts of things, a red button made colorful lights turn on, making the water flash all sorts of colors. A green button turned the fountain off, he promptly pushed that one again. Finally, he hit a blue button and he heard another pump start-up, and the water began gushing out, turning a dial close to the button and he finally got the water to its maximum pressure. 

On another side of the carnival, the side with the somewhat distracting lava monster, Gwen was not having a fun time. After about two rides, good ol' Flamy Mc Flamio seemed to notice someone was stealing all the people from the rides it was eating, so long story short she said a few too many taunts that may or may not have involved its mother, and now she was being chased. 

The titan began throwing lava all about the park, lava rivers seemed to seep from the earth and Gwen never seemed to be able to secure a web to an anchor for long.

So now she was running along a small passage surrounded by very wooden game stands being chased by a very fiery monster. 

"Okay, Gwen...No reason to panic, just getting chased by giant world-ending super-titan, just keep runin' just keep runin'" 

Reaching the end of the pathway she flung a web at a nearby drop-tower, which was promptly hit by a fireball. 

"Oh come on! What are you some sort of super intelligence!" 

The lumbering giant began stomping closer, Gwen trapped on all sides by the surrounding extremely hazardous and combustible game stands, with a monster that knew how she got around apparently.