A Day Out: Chapter 19

Right into it!

Gwen POV

Waking up was horrible now more than ever.

She had to leave the best 'pillow' in the world, and that was obviously no fun. As of now, Gwen was sitting in bed snuggled up to Pete who was still sleeping soundly. Yesterday they had gotten to the new apartment late, and just set up the bed and went to sleep. So today it was time to get this apartment set up! 

Work Yay!

Deciding that the imaginative pain would stop faster the sooner she got it done with, she woke up her pillow. 

"Pete...hey Pete! Wake up" After shaking him a bit he sat up, alarmed and sleepy. 

"Wah?" the way he said it Gwen couldn't help but chuckle. Gwen hopped out of bed and after a few minutes, Peter did as well.  Once could finally use his brain, he finally spoke "Goodmorning Gwen...why'd you get up so early?"

"Well sleepy head, we have an entire apartment that needs to be painted, we need to set up furniture, get the water running, and get the gas flowing" Ignoring Peter's chuckle at the end: She wasn't mature either so it was fine, she continued "We also need groceries, and make a room for our...other job" 

Peter walked over and put his head on her shoulder, face in a pout "That's SO much work, can we go to bed?"

Gwen laughed and pulled his face up, 'he is so tall now!'  "As much as I would like that, we have an apartment to move into, let's go get ready, alright?" Peter nodded and they gave each other a quick kiss, and then ran around the apartment looking for some suitable clothes.

-LINE BREAK- 

After a few hours, Gwen and Peter had set up most of the furniture and found some clothing they could go out in. Peter had contacted their landlord and he had gotten the water flowing, allowing them each to take a quick shower.

So they were now out at a local supermarket, picking out as much food as they possibly could. 

"PETER! They have that weird gummy candy! We have to get it!" For those who thought otherwise, Gwen is the junk foodie, Peter on the other hand was sticking to simple staples, bread, pasta, sandwich ingredients, etc. 

Gwen on the other hand was getting everything considered unhealthy, candy, Twinkies, cookies, donuts, anything she could grab.

Peter heaved a sigh "Gwen, we've already gotten 4 dozen donuts, 3 boxes of cookies, 6 tubs of ice cream. How are we going to eat all of this! We're just supposed to get some staples for a bit" 

Gwen looked up, pout eyes on high. "Ugh! Fine, but no more!" 

Gwen put the candies into the cart, a man passing by mumbled "whipped" as he passed, Peter didn't know if that was a good thing or not. 

He did know that he would be the one in charge of shopping in this relationship, at least he would unless he wanted ice cream for every meal of the day. 

Then he saw the bagels

"Selecting a bagel..." 

(A/N for those who got the reference, that was my favorite part of a certain movie)

-LINE BREAK-

Hours later Peter and Gwen were back home, their clothing was put away, the walls painted, and the furniture set up. They had eaten lunch and put the groceries away as well.

*BING BONG (lol) 

The doorbell rang. 

Walking up to the door, Gwen opened it, just to reveal her worst nightmare.