Edict Edith: Chapter 33

Hey everyone! Time for another explanation of why this story is so late!

Not really, I don't think that's why any of you are here, so if you really want to know comment otherwise here we go!

The Spider's helped Mysterio up as dark vans began surrounding the carnival. Agents began pouring out, some beginning to set up equipment, others rushing to secure the perimeter. 

Nick Fury jumped out of the last van to arrive, already barking orders out, "I want this perimeter set up and secured yesterday! Get all equipment set up double-time. We need those readings fast! Where are the Spiders?" 

Peter got up. "Right here!" he waved Fury over. 

"Parker Report." 

"Oh, right...could you not use my real name right now?" 

"The area is free of civilians, and has been scanned for bugs It's clear." 

"But still...secret identity" 

Fury sighed, "Fine, Spider-Man, report on what happened." 

"Oh, well, the fire monster came up outta the ground and there was a lot of fire. It chased Ghost through a lot of wooden stands was immune against water, and then not immune against water. Then Mysterio did his glowy thing and then we thought Mysterio died but he didn't" 

"Okay...Ghost-Spider, anything to add?" 

"Nope, he summed it up mostly. " 

Fury sighed yet again. 

"Well, Mysterio, what's your say on this?"

"That I could use a hard drink. " 

"...Official statement?" 

"That the hard drink will in fact be aged bourbon. " 

"Okay..." 

Once Fury stopped face-palming, he turned back to the three supers.

"You three get into civilians and relax. I don't get how, but you all beat lava elemental with barely any plan or unit cohesion...still thinking it over. Now go before I make you help in the clean-up!" 

Gwen raised a question. "Okay, where should we go to change?"

Fury pointed at three of the parked vans. Their lights suddenly flicked on, 

"Those vans are full of civilian clothes. You all pick whichever van it doesn't matter, change, go relax, then come back in a few hours. Starks caused a mess in my life again and y'all gonna help me with it. " 

"Gotcha" 

The three quickly went changed and went out into the city. It was late and the recent events had caused many restaurants and bars to close early. They all settled on a slightly grimy local bar that had stayed open. Beck had gotten his bourbon and was nursing it like it was his baby. Peter had gotten an apple juice and was looking through his phone. Gwen was eating some extremely cheesy cheesy fries and also had some chocolate milk. 

They were an unusual crowd.

"So..." Gwen started, "Lava monster, that happened..."