A Big Fiery Blob: Chapter 31

Sorry for the wait everyone! Here we go!

3rd Person 

Peter, Gwen, and Fury were in a backroom fishing through different suits and costumes to replace their still very soaked suits.

"Wait, what's this one?" Peter asks, holding up a weird-looking purple jumpsuit. 

"That was a concept suit for Hawkeye,"

Gwen laughs "Clint! But it's so...purple and pointy? Why does it look like a bat?"

Fury looked away, "As I said concept," 

They drift back into silence as they continue to search through the clothes, it stays like this for a few minutes before Gwen breaks the silence. 

"So Fury...this Beck guy...I don't trust him" 

Peter nods "Yeah, he was rather...fishy" Gwen slaps his head lightly. 

Fury ignores the pun. "I understand your suspicions. I don't trust him either but right now he's our only source of intel on these creatures. And I don't dispose of intel"

Peter nods again, "Yeah, but did you do a background check on him? Has he gone through any polygraph tests? Scanned to see if he's a shape-shifting alien?" 

Gwen notices Fury stiffen as Peter continues to drone on. 

"You're not telling us everything are you?" 

Fury leans down and picks up two suits, "Of course I'm not, I'm Nick Fury. Now put these on, and be ready for dispatch in 2 hours." And with that, he slinks away. 

Peter and Gwen look at the suits he handed them. They are both black and feel soft. The torso is wrapped in a sturdy-looking kevlar, and the black boots have metal tips. There were no masks, so they put on black combat helmets and armored masks that latched onto the helmets. They were a bit heavy, but they'll do.  

"Fury's turning us into soldier-looking superheroes that'll be flinging around the sky on webs...I wonder what the public will think of that?" Peter wonders. 

Gwen laughed, "Wouldn't be the first time we've worn strange suits to work, remember that one time when we were testing the AW&S suits?"

Now it was Peters turn to laugh, "Ah...yup I remember that, The Anti-Water and Suffocation Suit, good on paper...but not well executed" 

"Not well-executed, Pete you looked like a big red balloon swing through the streets of Manhatten!" 

"Well, it's not my fault! How could I have known that the suit's sensors were so sensitive to water that they picked up the oxygen from the air! the system was supposed to look only for water, not an element in the water!"

"Well that's what you get for using Rocket's space tech, you know sensors from some unknown planet in the galaxy that we don't understand?"

"Well, he said it was the most powerful sensor he had!" 

"Yeah, the most POWERFUL SENSOR ON EARTH and you used it to detect WATER H2O!" 

Peter blushed with embarrassment, "Well it's all in the past, right?"