Ain't Nothin' But A Heartache: Chapter 34

Alright, a quick note before we begin: Important tidbit of info at the end, so please read all the way through. Thanks :) 

---

Peter and Gwen walked out of the SHIELD HQ relatively quickly after their strange talk with Tony. They had a job to do, a job that they wanted to be done as quickly as possible; They had postponed this vacation for far too long. 

"Alright we gotta find Beck, get him to like us again, and then randomly give him these AI glasses and tell him he's an Avenger... easy," Gwen said. 

"Yup... easy once we find him," Peter added. Beck had left them abruptly at that bar. In fact, they hadn't seen him on the sidewalk when they left. It seems fishbowls move faster than first thought. 

"Alright," Peter said, sighing, "How're we going to find him?" 

"Well, we could loop over to the hotel, grab our suits, and then use Karen and Chase to access security cameras. " 

"That could work...how about I call Ms. Hill to drive us?" Gwen said, smirking. 

"No, no I refuse!" 

Gwen cackled, "Fine. She left with Fury to Germany, anyway. We'll take a taxi... they have taxis in Europe, right?"

"Yes... I think." Peter said, unsure.

"Wait, I might still have the travel brochure."

"Gwen...you are still carrying around the travel brochure?" 

"Shut up" 

"Okay, it's just--" 

"Shut it!" 

--- 

Turns out getting a taxi in a foreign country is harder than one would think, for them at least. With Peter's very loose grasp on the native language, and Gwen not realizing she was reading the map upside down, it had taken ten minutes just to find an area with taxis, another thirty to finally get to the correct location. 

But finally, Gwen and Peter were on the roof of their hotel in their compact suits. The suits were still a little damp, but the electronics had purged any remaining water safely from the systems, so they were usable. 

"Alright Karen, you there?" Pete asked. 

"Yes Peter." 

"Could you access the local security feeds? Please?" 

"There are many security feeds in this city Peter, is there an area that I can focus on?" 

"Uh, Gwen, what was that restaurant we were at... the bar?" 

"Uh, I don't know... some local place, what was it called? The Reformatory? Refine... Refinery? I think that's what Beck said. The sign was in a different language." 

"Alright, Karen, does that work? Access all cameras around the bar 'The Refinery' radius of about...15 city blocks?" 

"On it, accessing all security cameras in a 15 block radius around 'the Rafinérie'"

"Okay and once that's done search for Quentin Beck, he should be in the Avengers database," Gwen said

"Before I search, I feel it is important I tell you that Quentin Beck as once a-" 

"Karen, tell us later. We need to get this done," Gwen said.

"Quentin Beck left the Rafinérie at 5:52 pm and walked down the main street. He is seen turning and entering a local hotel called the Klasická Postel and has not been seen leaving. "