Ain't Nothin But A Big Mistake: Chapter 35

(I've added some details into this chapter that haven't been mentioned in previous chapters i.e.: train to Germany, these will eventually be written into the previous chapters in a way that makes sense, but for now, it'll have to be weird"

Let's Go!

Peter and Gwen sat atop a tall highrise apartment building, looking out into the bright city of Prague. Lights began flickering on, framing the city in a beautiful halo.

"Gwen?"

"Yeah Pete?"

"I feel like we just made a huge mistake."

"Yeah, me too."

"Karen... what was it you were saying? Before the Security Camera thing?"

'So you've finally slowed down enough to listen, have you?'

"Look, I'm sorry, tell us now?"

'When I was opening Quentin Beck's facial data and images, I discovered that Quentin Beck, or as you call him, Mysterio, was once an employee for Star Industries.'

"Well, he's from an alternate universe. There are bound to be doubles, right? I mean, I had one," Gwen said.

'Yes, the probability that someone would have a doppelgänger in an infinite multiverse is 100%.'

"Well, problem solved, Beck, as annoying and creepy as he is, is still the Fishbowl," Gwen said laying down with her arms under her head.

'But the probability that every one of them is an exact copy of you is 0%, the Gwen Stacy of this earth is a perfect example, she's European, barely looks like you, and has no spider powers.'

Peter and Gwen both sat up.

'It is more likely that the Quentin Beck you have met is the Quentin from this universe than a double from an alternate one.'

"Okay... Uh no need to panic," Peter said panicking, "Uh, Gwen how about you use Karen and Chase to track him down, and I'll go to Germany and talk with Fury, the train he offered us hasn't left yet "

"Pete, we can't split up, and if he really has been lying this whole time and I confront him, I don't think either of us can fight him alone. "

"No... no, I have to do this Gwen. Fury already thinks I'm a big Idiot, so I should be there one to tell him about my mistake. "

"Our mistake Peter! You don't need to take this all on your shoulders!"

"Look, Gwen, we don't have much time, please. You can kick me in the butt later, but for now, let's go."

Gwen sighed. "Fine, but next time I make the plan, and we stick together, okay?"

Peter grinned, "You have a deal Ghosty"

Gwen nodded, and they both lept of the building, and for the first time in a while traveled in different directions.

---

Some time Later

Peter tried to move into a more comfortable position on the train. He had missed the train and was hitching a ride on a cargo train. Sitting inside a cold, damp metal crate surrounded by what seemed to be lawnmowers wasn't all too fun.

He already missed Gwen.

He and Gwen had been by each other's sides almost all the time, at least when Superheroing was concerned. They'd always been stronger together, and they exploited as much as they could. But he needed to push through it. Being able to have time apart was a good thing, right? Relationships 101.