Good Things Don't Last: Chapter 21

Sorry for the late upload! Things have been busy!

Let's get to the Story!

3rd Person

Gwen a Peter were sitting in their apartment, it had been a fun summer, but like all good things, it didn't last. 

After a relaxing vacation with the Stark family, they had returned and focused on three things; Being Superheroes, Getting into College, and staying alive. In that order. 

Thankfully, for once things had gone smoothly for Gwen and Peter, they had gotten into the University of their choice and had been accepted into most of the classes they had wanted. 

Being able to basically choose which day you had to go to class was great too, they sighed up for mainly morning classes, as they needed time to get their studies done, and then go on patrol, It would be hard, but they'd survived worse things. 

Thankfully they had been correct that they didn't need to stay at the dorms. Since their apartment was so close they could walk (read swing) right to the University with some time to spare. Though hopefully, no one would notice that Spider-Man and Ghost-Spider were going towards the same place, at the same time, for most of the week...no one. 

Speaking of their superhero lives. Things had been going great. Other than the 'Spider's Dating!' fiasco, people seemed to be respecting them some more after they took down the Wings of Fate. 

Of course, certain media companies were trying their best to discredit them, and make them out to be a con couple who were paid for their stunts...you guess which media company. But not many people believed that. 

For once people were finally seeing them for who they were; A couple trying their hardest to do some good in the world. And they had been showing their appreciation. 

People didn't call the police every time they saw them. 

The Police (and others) rarely yelled at them anymore. 

Donations programs had been started for them and the causes they had spoken for. 

And the other heroes had even begun to respect them more (not that there had been any disrespect).

There had been some bad things as well. 

Secretary Ross, who had unfortunately survived the snap. Had been trying to get a unit of the U.S.  Army to begin hunting them down, saying they were in direct defiance of the Socovian Accords. This was being fought over in the Supreme Court and surprisingly a lot of the politicians there, no matter their political party, had been speaking up for them. Pointing out that many people had misunderstood what the Sokovia Accords were, and that they were taking away the rights of any superpowered being that fell under the jurisdiction of the United Nations.

Which they did. 

If any of the avengers had read the Sokovian Accord completely (something both Gwen and Peter had done) they would have realized it took away their most basic rights and put them under the direct command of Secretary Ross, whose only goal was probably to weaponize them (Vision, Wanda, Iron Man, Captain America) or lock them up (Spider-Man, Ghost-Spider, Black Widow, Hulk, Hawkeye, Falcon).

(A/N So their fighting was really for nothing, but most of those people are gone and this story isn't about them.)

Now that the Sokovian Accord's corruption was out, Secretary Ross was under investigation, his involvement in the creation of the Hulk and the Abomination had already been leaked through mysterious means (*cough* *cough* Tony Stark *cough* *cough*) and his Political career was practically ruined, but everyone knew he had more incriminating information, just waiting to be found. 

But back to school stuff. 

Peter and Gwen were both going for a double major, Peter in Engineering and  Chemistry, Gwen in Psychology and Biology, It was a ton of work, but when you had lived with the Stark family for almost three years you pick up some skills. 

Though their majors were different, Gwen and Peter had tried to take other classes together, their English class was the same, their Physics class was the same, they even signed up for the same 'gym' class, but that was basically going to the gym together anyway.

In the friends category, Peter and Gwen were lacking, whenever people came up to them it was pretty much the same line of: "Hey...I'm *insert name* I realized we share some classes! So I was thinking...wanna get some lunch? Maybe go to a movie" and of course they were politely turned down.

They had one mutual friend named Felicia Hardy, she was witty and sarcastic a lot, but was the only one who hadn't tried asking either of them out when she first met them...which was a big plus. 

She had this mysterious aura to her that both Gwen and Peter noticed, something was up with her, but they only had one friend on the whole campus, they weren't going to let any 'weird atmospheres' ruin that.  

On their days off they would patrol and visit Morgan, with who they had gotten extremely close, Morgan thought of them as her own siblings and made sure to make that known to everyone and everything, and the whole world. It was a wonder Morgan hadn't shouted out their alter egos already. 

By now it was Friday night, they were babysitting Morgan while Tony and Pepper were out on their Date night. 

Peter and Gwen sat next to each other on the couch, snuggled up together, Morgan had fallen asleep an hour ago and they had put her in her bed. 

The Netflix was on, the fuzzy blanket was taken out and put to good use, and the Poptart stash raided along with the popcorn and chips. 

Gwen smiled as Peter searched through looking for a good movie to watch. 

Life was good...very good. 

(A/N of course she had no idea what was coming)

Alright! Basically filler for now, but Endgame is next! After that I plan to go a short bit on Far From Home, and them my own story arc from there...so...who should I kill off? 

Seriously.

Until then...Goodbye!

-RambunctiousCat

Also adding Felicia was a spontaneous decision that I didn't plan whatsoever, I was going to have them meet someone named Emily, who took the place of Ned and MJ for a bit, and then gets her own role later...and I might still do that. But maybe adding Blackcat to the story could add in some interesting plot points