12. She Crossed The Line

"Your party is amazing!" Lin Jeong gushed, taking a sip of her spring water

"She's right." Mercedes nodded in agreement.

"Thanks!" I grinned, showing appreciation.

Finally, the day has come. My birthday. I've been waiting for this day for a long time. Especially since today is my birthday party. Everyone on the guestlist came, making me feel overjoyed. Even more when I heard the friendly compliments that people are enjoying my party. I'm not surprised. I hear these words every time I host an event. 

When you're considered as a practical star at school, it's mandatory to host amazing events. Or else, all of your popularity will go down the drain. You'd get no attention, whatsoever. That's the last thing I need. 

If you're not popular at Westdale High School, then you're considered as nothing. 

You'll very little attention, depending on what clique you're in. If you're at least a jock, but not part of the popular clique, you'd get a decent amount of attention. Otherwise, you aren't considered as much. 

From my experience of being in the popular clique, it feels great to get attention. It makes me feel loved and honored. People appreciate me—they practically worship me.

"So," Lin stated, "Have you been having a great day so far?"

"Yeah, I have." I chuckled, disposing my empty water bottle into a small trash bin.

The bin was full, making my bottle on the verge of falling. I already know that people are just going to put more trash in it, regardless of how loaded it is. That means I'll have to replace it, which I'm not looking forward to. It's better than picking up trash from the floor, which I don't do. 

I'm just too flawless for that.

"It looks like I have to take out the trash, now." I sighed, unamused, "I'll be right back, girls."

I strolled to the nearby storage closet, filled with various supplies. I flipped the light switch on, revealing the organized supplies on the shelves. I quickly snatched a small trash bag out of the cardboard box it was in. I proceeded back to where Nova and Lin were, at the side of the room.

Swiftly, I replaced the old, used trash bag with the fresh, new one. After bagging up the old one, I put the new one in a corner. I'll take it upstairs right after the party is over.

I turned back to my friends, who had their faces glued to their phones. When I took a closer look at what was on their screens, I saw them scrolling through Instagram, looking at posts from people at school.

I inquired, leaning my arm on Lin's shoulder. "Did you two find anything interesting on Instagram?"

"Not really." Mercedes replied justly, "There isn't anything interesting today."