13. Newbies and Companions

"Wanna play Spin The Bottle with the girls, Ty?" A lively voice chimed, approaching closer to me

It was Landon Archer, my best friend since birth. Well, technically, since pre-school. The two of us have always had many things in common, such as our perpetual love for sports, particularly basketball. We have a strong friendship with each other—nothing fake in between. 

Our families are pretty close to each other, too. We usually hang out together as a group, especially during basketball games. I was astounded one day to find out that Landon's dad and my dad were companions in high school. They were both sports stars of the school, like Landon and I today. We both have reputations for being the basketball stars of the tenth grade, as well as the school as a whole. It's pretty nice, along with being in the popular clique.

It's pretty much the royal kingdom of Westdale High School. We are the ones who get the most recognition among everyone else. Take it from me, a well-known jock. It's nice to not feel invisible, but getting attention has never been my thing. My thing is to play basketball, so getting recognition doesn't matter that much to me. 

I always knew there are some people part of other cliques who think that all of the well-known people are friendly as they look and sound. Based on my experience of being in this clique, that statement is entirely false. Some people are, or were in this are pretty shady. There are many examples, but let's just say one of them is Millicent Campbell, who seems nice on the outside, but is undoubtfully shallow on the inside. 

Trust me. I know a lot of people who thought that she's completely friendly and such, mainly because of her persistent wealth and conspicuous popularity. In the end, she can be friendly, only if that's what she wants at the moment. 

"I'm not in the mood to play Spin The Bottle today." I groaned, cracking open a water bottle, "I'm so tired of it."

Spin The Bottle, a classic party game is unmistakably not one of my favorites. It's never been. Maybe at one point, it's been kind of fun for me. But eventually, it got a little tedious, which is why I usually decline the offer to play the game. 

"I'm kind of tired of it too, Ty." Landon reasoned, patting my shoulder with sympathy, "But I'm going to play because this party isn't making me amused."

"Have fun, then. I'll see you later." I shrugged, taking a sip of my water. 

"Later, bro!" He disappeared into the midst of small crowds of people socializing. 

Now, I'm all alone with nobody to talk to. My other close friends were either not at this party or playing games with each other. It's not that I feel lonely without them. I feel fine, actually. The feeling of silence within myself feels nice. I don't have to hear anyone shouting out my name to take a selfie with them or anything. That's what I have to deal with because of my sensational reputation. 

I heard my stomach rumble quietly, signalizing that it was time for me to eat. I turned around to the table that had various foods on it. Holding out a plate, I placed an expensive-looking taco on it. I'm guessing that it was made by an all-star chef. Hopefully, it'll taste as good as it looks.