05. Second Chances Are No-No's

The bell just rang, signalizing us that there are five minutes to get to class

The bell just rang, signalizing us that there are five minutes to get to class. At this rate, we probably won't get to class on time. Especially since we have company.

"Roselynn... We hear you're getting good grades in Ms. Washington's class. Since there's a test coming up, can you help us study this afternoon?" Mercedes challenged, "We could use your help!"

We aren't actually going to study with her. Instead, we'll ask her questions about her older brother, Rafael.

"Sure! Where do you want to meet up?" she mused, taking a sip of juice.

I suggested. "We can meet up at my house!"

"Great! Text me your address so someone can pick me up!"

"Alright!" I began, "Well, we don't want to hold you any longer and class will start soon. Bye!"

"Bye!" Roselynn waved back at us.

She disappeared into a large crowd of students, who were leaving the cafeteria. 

"We did great! She fell for it!" Mercedes celebrated, placing her arm on my shoulder.

"Yes! I can't believe it! Actually, no. Fools like her would fall for those things, so we shouldn't be surprised." I winked, tapping my fingers on the table.

"Now, let's get to class!" I glanced at my watch, panicked, "We'll be late!"

It's hard to talk your way out of being late. Take it from me! I've been late for class multiple times, getting detention every time I was.

"Let's go!" Mercedes dumped her lunch tray.

We hurried out of the doors of the cafeteria. The hallways were filled with students, walking left and right. The two of us walked to the girl's bathroom, where we'll freshen up before class. Being popular at school requires looking beautiful all the time.

"We should freshen up before class." I opened the bathroom door, walking inside.

She agreed. "Yeah!"

Inside, there were several girls applying cosmetics, leaving limited mirror space. We found a spot near the sinks that had nobody there. Both of us inched closer to it, taking out our beauty products. 

"I'm still mad at Coach Moore for making us doing extra exercises!" Mercedes complained, opening her makeup bag. 

I frowned. "I know. It's such a shame!"

"It's not fair! All we were doing was talking about relationships!"

Coach Moore didn't have to make us do extra exercises. Instead, she could've just gave us a proper warning beforehand. Otherwise, she could've just let it slide. Either way, extra exercises are too much.

"Exactly! Who's dating who is important gossip we all need to know. Since we didn't finish our conversation, is there any other interesting tea that I must know?" I smeared lip gloss on my lips, neatly.