04. Make It or Break It

My body temperature felt warm under my plush, warm blankets

My body temperature felt warm under my plush, warm blankets. I feel like I could stay in bed endlessly. Yawning, I kicked off the sheets, ruining the warm feeling. I stopped my alarm clock from ringing loudly. With a groan, I opened my eyes, forcing myself to get out of bed. 

I started making my bed neatly. Soon, pillows were in their designated places and the sheets were lined up perfectly. It's a new day with a fresh start. It's time to make the most out of it, especially since there's a huge day ahead of me. 

Slowly opening my bedroom door, I stepped out into the dim, hushed hallway. As soon as I got inside of the bathroom, I grabbed my toothbrush to start getting ready for the day. 

* * *

Staring inside of my closet, I saw the outfit that I was going to wear today. My bright yellow skirt and cotton-white t-shirt stood on their separate hangers, ready for me to wear. I quickly took off my plush pajamas to replace them with this. 

Looking at my reflection in the mirror, I looked pleasant. However, there was one thing missing from my face. One that I'd almost never put on, under all circumstances. 

It was my make-up. 

It's something that I always refused to wear. I always thought that it was icky and such, except for lip gloss. In my room, I have a few cosmetic supplies that I've gotten for my birthday a few months ago. I never used them, and never planned on doing so until now. 

Opening a drawer, I took out some cherry-red lip gloss and make-up powder. Today, I want to keep things simple and not be extra. After all, I don't know everything about applying make-up, even if I watch a few tutorials of them online sometimes. 

Gently, I spread my make-up brush with powder on my forehead and cheeks. After that, I carefully spread thick layers of lip gloss on my lips. Stepping back, I looked into the mirror. Now, my appearance looked slightly better. I let my brown, freshly-ironed hair hang over my shoulders. 

Giving myself one last look, I grabbed my backpack and proceeded downstairs, ready to eat breakfast. I was greeted by the aroma of coffee, bacon, and eggs as I arrived at the kitchen. 

"Buenos días!" I yawned, taking a seat at the table. 

"Morning!" Rafael replied, taking a sip of fresh orange juice.

"Good morning, Rose!" Mom smiled, setting separate plates of bacon and eggs on the table. 

"Morning!" Dad grinned, looking up from his cup of coffee.

The four of us gathered at the table together to eat breakfast before doing our daily activities. Mom and Dad are going to work and Rafael and I are going to school. This is usually mornings are on weekdays over here. They're pretty busy, but for the most part, they're productive. At least, on my side it is.