Epilogue

As I made my way to my locker from English class, everything that happened yesterday flooded my mind

As I made my way to my locker from English class, everything that happened yesterday flooded my mind. From going to prom with Tyler to sharing a kiss with him, I was looking forward to the days that awaited ahead of us.

Going to prom was one thing. Being with Tyler was another. Mere words can't express how much I adored him. Every day, I found a way to love him more and more. I know it sounds cheesy, but it's true.

The loud whispers of two familiar voices inches in front of me interrupted my thoughts. Morgan Allen and Bianca Stewart were gossiping, like usual. Who knew what they were rambling about?

This has probably been the millionth time I've found them gossiping in front of someone's locker, particularly mine. I have a feeling that they'll be there for a while.

Considering that I have to meet up with Lizzie, Tracey, Tyler, Landon, and Elijah in a few minutes, I don't have the time to wait.

"Excuse me," I said softly. "You two are standing in front of my locker. Can you please move over a bit?"

Morgan and Bianca stopped chatting instantly and turned to me. Morgan whispered something to Bianca, too inaudible for me to hear. Then, they plastered smiles across their faces.

"We're sorry about that. We'll move over," Bianca replied. "By the way, your name is Roselynn, right?"

"Yeah, it is," I answered with a raised eyebrow.

"That's cool," Morgan grinned, clasping her hands together. "We heard that you stood up to Millicent almost two months ago. That's like, one of the biggest things someone has done all year. You're so amazing."

"Yeah. Most people wouldn't dare to do that. Not even me," Bianca added, her hazel eyes twinkling.

I guess they were both right. Standing up to the queen bee is one daring thing to do. At least, at Westdale it is. Being popular just makes it more challenging, especially if you're one of Millicent's friends.

I chuckled. "Right."

"So, Bianca and I are gonna go now. See you later!" Morgan waved, smiling genuinely before walking off with Bianca.

They strutted down the hall, later vanishing into a large crowd of people. I turned to my locker and started to enter the code for my combination lock. After I managed to get it open, I placed a few textbooks on the shelf of my locker, causing a crumbled standard yellow sticky note to fall on the ground.

I bent down and snatched the sticky note off of the floor. I straightened it out, reading the words in black inik plastered across the note in my head.

The popular people are so nice. I wish I could be one of them, the note said.

I raised an eyebrow, then remembered that I wrote the note several months ago. It wasn't recently, but it was still me. Old me.