25. Prom Night (2)

"You've got this, Tyler," I mumbled to myself, glimpsing at the aged mirror of the restroom

My heartbeat raced as I turned on the water faucet. I reached a hand to a nearby soap dispenser, stroking my hands together under the steamy water that created a fizzy lather. I eyed myself in the mirror to make sure I looked decent before dinner.

Dinnertime already started, according to the prom schedule. Instead of rushing towards the dining room like everyone else, I made a beeline to the restroom to use it, wash my hands, and give myself a last look in the mirror.

I turned off the faucet and shook excess water off my hands as I strutted towards a hand dryer. Landon was drying his hands on the dryer next to mine and glimpsed at me with an enthusiastic grin.

"Are you excited about dinner?" He questioned out of the blue. "I can't wait to see what foods they have."

"Yeah, dinner sounds great," I responded, slipping my hands from under the hand dryer. "I haven't eaten much today."

Today, I only ate an apple, a bag of Cheetos, a burger, and a bottle of water. That is anything but enough to eat for more than ten hours. I've been wanting to eat something for a while now, but I never had the time due to preparing for prom.

I felt hungry to the point where I'd eat anything. Once it's time to eat, I'll probably scarf down whatever they serve first in several minutes.

I placed my elbow on the restroom door, pushed it open, and held it for a few moments to allow Landon to exit.

We strutted to the dining room, which wasn't far from where we were. We could already hear the muffled conversations of people in the dining room that covered up the music that played loudly. There were several people who chatted in front of the doors. As soon as they noticed us, they stopped to wave.

I waved back with a friendly smile and slid past them to enter the dining room. Since there were many people and all the tables were occupied, it wouldn't be easy to find Rose.

Or maybe it will be.

Fortunately, I saw her at a table, meters away from the dining room's doors. She waved her hand back back and forth with direct eye contact with me. She was also with her friends, Lizzie and Tracey, as well as Elijah.

I strutted to the table and sat in an available chair next to Rose. The table, as well as the room was decorated with many decorations. Each table had plates, cups, utensils, and napkins in their place neatly. In the middle of each table, there was a sign that had "Prom" plastered over it in forest green holographic letters.

There was grilled chicken and string beans served as an appetizer on each plate, along with ice-cold water in each cup. A plate of bread was next to the prom sign, right near me.

"We're here. I'm sorry that we were kind of late," I apologized.

"No problem," Rose replied.

"Yeah, we've only been here for a couple of minutes. It isn't much," Elijah added, reaching his hand toward his cup of water.