07. In With The New

"Her brother is so hot, Mercedes! I got to see him up close and everything!" I gushed, fanning my face with my hand

Rafael Jiminez-Cruz, Roselynn's older brother is one of the hottest basketball players at Westdale High School. There's nothing about him that isn't cute. I bet that he always has some type of girl after him.

Yesterday, I got to meet him face-to-face for the first time. He was way better than I anticipated. He's genuine, charming, and polite, which is really what I want in a guy. I invited him, along with his sister to my birthday party. That way, I'll get to know him better when the day approaches.

On Saturday, Mercedes and I will go to the mall to buy clothes to make a trendy and surpassing look at my annual birthday party. We will buy the things necessary for it, from candles to decorations. We're buying it all. 

"I know! Yesterday was such a great day. And since he's coming over to your birthday party, you can spend more time with him! You truly are a genius!" Mercedes raved as she stared at her phone screen, "And your latest post on Instagram has gotten one-hundred likes since an hour ago." 

I'm guessing that these people are desperate to attend my party if they weren't invited already. Nevertheless, a lot of people don't deserve to attend and my guest list seems just about right. That means I'm not going to invite any more people. With an exception of Roselynn and her two geeky friends, people have to make it seem like they deserve to attend. 

"It did? Well, most of those people don't stand a chance coming to my party, anyway. I made a special guest list to determine who's coming. Do you want to see it?" I requested taking out a folded piece of paper.

"Sure, Milli. Let's see it." She replied, curiously looking at my paper. 

On the list, there were mostly people that were part of the popular clique, such as Nova Taylor-Anderson, Bianca Stewart, Tyler Parker, and more. I would never invite people from lower cliques to my party. Mainly because I wouldn't want any geek losers from the zoo at my party. It would be an embarrassment. 

"The party will be amazing!" Mercedes looked at the list, cheering energetically. 

"Yeah, it will!" I boasted, "I can't wait to brag to everyone at school after the party!"

"Same!" She giggled, "Are we going to play Spin The Bottle? I definitely wanna see you and Rafael kiss!"

"Now that you mention it, yes! Especially since he'll be at the party!" I smiled.

It would be more amazing to kiss him. I know that it'd be ten times better than the other boys I kissed during this game.

"Speaking of which, let's check out the basement!" I suggested, "We can start planning a few things!"

"Great idea!" She walked out my bedroom door.

The two of us walked downstairs, soon arriving at the basement door, which is pretty much a hideout. When we moved into this house a few years ago, I'd always stay down there and hang out with friends. It was plain fun.