19. Harmless Pranks

A week since the basketball game rolled by, starting a new week with new beginnings

A week since the basketball game rolled by, starting a new week with new beginnings. I survived two weeks of my plan of not pretending to be friends with Roselynn anymore. It was rough, but at the same time, it was a piece of cake.

I left all the signs I could to give her a hint, but she never caught on. Maybe I need to shake things up. I should do something challenging, yet fun to have gain my justice. Right now, that's my only option. 

Out of all the things I can do to get even with her, I will do something simple, yet effective. Because Roselynn has English class with Ms. Davis one period after me, at the end of that class, I will spread ketchup on the chair she sits on. The reason why I know where she sits is because I saw a seating chart of all the classes Ms. Davis teaches on her desk unattended. I did not think it would come in handy until today.

When Roselynn sits on it and later realizes what she has on the back of her pants, she will be the laughing stock of the rest of the week. It might be humiliating to her, but it will be hilarious to me, especially since it is what I want.

Mercedes and I will take my plan into action soon. Well, that is if we could find the ketchup. It has only been one minute after the five-minute warning bell rang and we are still searching for a packet of ketchup. We spent several minutes searching for one, but we had nothing but rotten luck. 

"Did you find anything yet?" Mercedes queried, rummaging her hands through a nearby dispenser of flavorings. 

It appeared that there was no ketchup in there, unfortunately. It might be because the cafeteria mainly served hot dogs for lunch today, and a hot dog does not taste the same without ketchup. But still, there has to be at least one packet of ketchup around here. 

"No luck at all." I groaned, planting one hand on my forehead while the other was positioned on my hip. "We do not have much time, so we need to look fast, or not get anything at all."

"You're right." She nodded her head in agreement, her eyes gleaming at something on the floor, "Is that... a packet of ketchup on the floor?"

In front of her feet, a small packet of ketchup laid on the floor. Without hesitancy, I snatched the packet off the floor. At a closer inspection, it turned out to be empty instead of full. I rapidly threw the packet back on the floor where it belonged.

"Well, so much for getting our hopes up," I muttered, gagging at the possibly infected ketchup packet I recently touched.

"Yeah, there is no ketchup here. We should just go and save your plan for tomorrow if you are not desperate to do it today." She suggested, shrugging her shoulders nonchalantly.

"But I want to do it today." I pouted, clenching my hands together harder than stone, "The sooner we get justice, the sooner we could move on to something else."

Mercedes narrowed her amber eyes at me, her faultless eyebrows raising. An index finger of one hand tapped on the tip of her chin. "Since there is no ketchup, how about we use mustard instead? It will still show through her pants a bit."

Foolish Friendship | ✔On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara