09. Beware of Foes

"Mom? Can we go to the mall now?" I grab her arm desperately

Mom, who's talking on the phone, gave me a dirty look. She isn't happy that I interrupted her call.

Mom rolled her eyes, unamused. "What is it, Millicent? I'm making an important call!"

What I'm about to tell her is very important! If I don't tell her, she'll probably forget that today is the day we have to go to Central Hill Mall. 

That mall is near one of our school's rivals when it comes to sports of all kinds. Central High School. It's also the school my ex-best friend from eighth grade goes to. Raven Alexandra Hilton.

Mercedes, Raven, and I were close friends, and best friends at the time. However, Raven went behind my back and almost ruined my school reputation by starting a bad rumor about me. Of course, I found a way to expose her, which caused her to go to a new school for ninth grade.

Everyone that goes to Westdale should know that she's just a huge wannabe. I'm sure the people at Central accept her. Central students are just like her. 

"I just wanted to remind you about the mall. It's opening at noon. The sooner we get there, the more great things we'll get!" I chant. 

"I know, Millicent. Just let me finish up this call, first. It's super important." she holds the phone to her ear, "We were discussing..."

Since we're not going anytime soon, as it looks like, I'll just text some friends. You can never waste a good moment.

Mercedes: When are we going to the mall? It's eleven-thirty. The stores we're going to in the mall is opening up in thirty minutes.

Me: My mom says we're going soon. I think we're going in a few minutes. I finally got a few ideas about what I should wear at the party. 

Mercedes: It's about time we do some serious shopping. Tell Nova and me your ideas at the mall.

Nova: I'm definitely coming to the mall. I hear they're having some type of sale!

Mercedes: Same for me. There's a sale on designer clothing today. Twenty percent off. That's a perfect bargain.

Me: Yeah! You two can get to my house. We can wait together.

The doorbell rang loudly. My friends stood at the door.

I called out. "I'll get it!"

My mother was finally finished talking on the phone and was now getting ready to get to the mall.

"Hey, Millicent!" Nova hugged me like she never saw me in years.