Chapter 26| Switch

Slenderman's POV

Tobias Erin.

Gone.

Slenderman knew that was sign. That's why he came here. Water splashed at his shoes, soaking his socks. The salty air he couldn't smell. A beach shore. His tentacles were waving loosely.

"You allowed two humans to come into my residence," he spoke aloud, "Does it have something to do with the mermaid?"

More water hit him, getting his pant hems wet. His face twisted into what looked like a frown.

There was another a loud splash. And a silence.

"You have her?," said a voice. It was masculine and almost as deep as Slender's own. The Ocean. Slenderman nodded.

"Yes."

"Give her to me."

"Hold on."

Slenderman fixed his tie.

"We must speak of the fact that you managed to get two intruders across your waters and into my territory."

The waves splashed near his feet.

"I supported those two with fish and unsalted water. As a offering."

"Offering?"

"Yes. You didn't like it,?" the ocean mused, with a hint of irritation, "Those two humans in exchange for the mermaid."

"Ah."

"Give me the mermaid."

Slenderman was hesitant. The mermaid had become close to everyone in the mansion. They had changed a little because of her. He let out a deep exhale.

"I can't accept."

All of the waves and splashing went silent. A whole wave hit him. The impact didn't affect him but his whole suit and tie was drenched. Slenderman coughed and cleared his throat, "We could try another offer."

There was a moment before a reply came.

"Like what?"

"Anything."

"I don't think so. Unless..."

"Unless?"
"There's a switch."

_____________________________

Edna's POV

Edna was crammed in a cell with Owen. They weren't dead at least. A hard wall pressed into her one side and a cold iron door pressed into her other side. There were no windows in this room, and if you were claustrophobic this wouldn't be great.

A slot in the door opened and two eyes glowered from its square.

"You," they spoke, "The curly haired one."

It sounded like they're attacker from before. Owen turned a little paler.

"Please," he pleaded.

"Shut up."

There was a sound of a door unlocking.

"Don't try anything funny," warned the voice. That hooded attacker, with the frowning mask came and shoved the barrel of a gun into Owen's chest. Edna didn't have time to react.