Chapter 7| Dreamer

WARNING| Graphic Gore

Y/N's POV

He used his other claw to help tear your stomach and you screamed as the skin ripped apart. Your intestines fell out and your heart dangled on a loose thread. If you moved it was over. He traced a finger on your outer flesh and begin to touch your inner organs. The monster kept poking and prodding inside your body.

"Not dead, yet?" He grinned at you as you cried.

His claws soon found your heart. He gave a sadistic look and tugged at the inner cords. You screamed so loudly water caught in your throat. He caressed the main organ with his talons. The assault was too much to handle. It was like someone stabbing you over and over again.

He finally let out a low laugh,

"This should do it."

His hand jerked back and he tore out your heart.

____________________________________________________________

Y/N's POV

You woke up in a cold sweat.

Your palms were clammy and you needed to catch your breath. It was a dream. Your stomach was still intact and there were no dead children. The warmth of a crackling fire (you remember Ben creating with his spit) and the coolness of the night put you at ease. Your face was pressed against a folded green hat. You sat up and gray hoodie slid off from your shoulders. The blonde was to your left. His hair was a mess and he faced you. Jeff was to your right and had his back to you.

You needed water. Your body had gone two days without it. Your arms felt like noodles and you could barely keep your eyes open. Water gave you your healing powers. It gave magic. The ocean wasn't just your home.

You leaned on your arms and your fingertips met with something cold and familiar. A canteen. You picked it up and shook it. The swishing sound inside was satisfying. It had to have water in it. You unscrewed the bottle and poured some on your tail.

It wasn't water. The texture stung. You could taste the bitterness in your mouth. What was this? Your dull pink scales turned into a passionate blue. You could see a purple.

And you floated.

__________________

Owen's POV

Owen hoisted Edna into the boat. He jumped in after her and they were pushed out to safety. He took one last look back. No one was there.

He let out a sigh and sat on the floorboards. Edna coddled her arm and looked around cautiously. She obviously had heard the voice from before.

"Don't fret." The voice was deeper than before. It was coming from all directions. Unseen, and a savior. Only one thing came to Owen's mind.

"God?"

He heard a deep chuckle and the boat shook.

"I go by many names."

"Who, what, why?"

"I'll be happy to explain but you must help me. Someone special has been taken away from me."