Chapter 11| The Octopus

Jeff's POV

"Can't you hold it?" Jeff growled at the girl, "Fucking wet the bed if you need to!"

She gasped, "You said a bad word."

"What? Fuck?" He purposely repeated, "Fuck-fuck-fuck-fuck-fuck!"

Ben was eyeing the mermaid. Her tail shimmered under the light. She looked confused. Her (E/C) eyes met his. He blocked her out of view.

"That's a bad word!" Sally yelled at Jeff. He snorted.

"Am I supposed to feel bad?"

"YES."

He tried to close the door on her. She stopped it with her foot.

"Jeff! Let me in!"

"Or what? You'll cry to Slender?"

"Jeff!"

Her voice went a pitch higher. He scowled at her and she glared back.

"Sally."

"Jeff."

It was staring contest. Jeff had no eyelids so it was likely who was going to win. He grinned a bad aura surrounding him. Sally frowned. They barely broke eye contact.

Sally's angry expression changed.

"Is that a mermaid?"

The statement left Jeff eternally cringing. He had almost forgot. She was still in the tub. Sally's face pressed through the doorway and she managed to wiggle herself into the room. Jeff tried to stop her. He failed. Ben moved out of the way of the charging girl. She had inhuman strength.

"Wow!"

The little girl grabbed the slippery ledge of the tub.

"You're really pretty."

The mermaid tilted her head. She slowly gave a small smile. It faltered. Strong arms grabbed Sally from behind. She kicked and struggled. Jeff continued dragging her to the doorway.

"Quick being such a pain in the-"

He bumped into someone.

"What's going on?"

The booming voice said.

____________________________________

Y/N's POV

It was an octopus. No a human.

Both?

The creature's tentacles waved in the air. It towered over Jeff and the little girl. You blinked. It had no face. Only a suit and tie. The octopus ducked it's head through the doorway and entered the room. It looked from Jeff, Ben, the little girl to you. Your back pressed against the tiled wall.

"Is that what I think it is?"

Ben tugged at his green collar. Jeff looked uneasy.

W e l l , S l e n d e r . . .

"It's a mermaid."

The thing swirled around.

"This is NO place for this creature, you idiots."

It's featureless face was contorted in anger. Static pierced your eardrums. The bathroom lights flickered. Blood was dripping from the facet. You noticed the little girl gripping Jeff's pant leg and he put a protective arm around her. Ben had his eyes closed. The sound soon ceased. Your body was trembling. There was a deep sigh that erupted from the octopus's throat. It craned it's head to you.

"Don't worry, my dear. Everything will be okay."

_______________________