Chapter 23| Away

It had been three weeks since you arrived. The mansion was beautiful but it couldn't compare to home. No sink or shower running could match the sound of ocean hitting jagged stones.

Your ocean. However you had gotten to really know everyone in this mansion.

Clockwork. She had taught you how to read time from a clock.

"The longer handle is pointing at noon," you remembered her say. She tapped her clock eye. The longer needle and shorter needle were by one another.

Then there was Ticci Toby. He was like Clockwork's wing man.

"C-ch-chin up, C-Clockie," he'd tell her.

With you however he'd give you at least one fact a day about how time and how it is moving, what types of clocks exist, why it is important.

"T-t-t-time h-h-helps you makes appointments, h-hu-helps you grow, and also t-t-tells you how much c-c-closer you are to d-death," he stuttered, "O-or do mermaids d-die?"

He had a strange sense of humor.

Then there was Sally Williams. She gave off a good energy. You and her played a lot of 'pirates and mermaids' Her impersonation of a sea crook was astounding. She would allow a few curls to fall on her face and used a scratchy high pitched voice.

"Ahoy, me hearties! My pretty companion here is Y/N. Avast he! Don't mess with her or else I'll rip you apart like a teddy bear!"

You always wore a smile around her.

There was Ben and Jeff. Your captors. They weren't so bad. A vivid image of them singing off key came into your vision.

"MY LITTLE MERMAID-"

M y   l i t t l e   m e r m a i d -

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

(yes it's a parody of the my little pony theme song)

There was Laughing Jack.

"56 percent of the population likes seafood," he had once told you, "I wonder what would happen if that 56 percent knew you existed. Maybe your kind would become some rare delicacy to EAT."

You tried to avoid him.

You would sleep in Clockwork's room. Every night you were placed into the glass tank and in the morning the brown haired girl would carry you out and back into your wheelchair. She had no trouble doing so (whether you were heavy or not).

Then there was Masky.

He'd hit you if you looked at him funny. You cowered whenever he came around. He was mostly precise with his blows and they got you in vulnerable places. Sometimes he faltered with his fists and then socked you even harder than he was planning to in the first place.

There were others but they were either too busy for you or avoided you. Which was okay.

There was something. Something that everyone here had in common.

It was a sharp object by their side. Everyone had a weapon. To hurt. To kill?

And you were a healer. Did you belong here?

_____________________________