Chapter 5| Deep Trouble

Owen's POV

"I'll shoot holes until you're pouring blood like water cans", sang the voice on the phone.

The line went dead. A bus drove away in the distance and an unsettling breeze went by as the sun disappeared and night fell. Owen felt a lump in his throat. He ran a hand through his hair.

CLATTER.

A trash-can had knocked over. Now footsteps.

Someone emerged from the dark and hid their face from the moonlight. The most noticeable thing was their mustard colored hoodie. Owen noticed their frowning mask. It might have been a trick of the light but the facial cloth seemed to smile.

Edna had her gun out, "Don't take another step or I'll shoot."

The person laughed,

"I highly doubt that, want to be water cans."

______________________________________________________

Toby's POV

Tobias Erin was in the back room. The kitchen was sparkly clean.

He had just finished his shift and collected a well earned ten dollars.

"Don't forget to lock the doors," his manager reminded him. The women slung a purse over her shoulder, "You're friends with Brian, right? I have his check here. Please make sure he gets it."

She handed him an envelope. It was re-used and labeled '20$'.

"I have to leave now. Good job today!" The lady turned on her heel and walked out the door.

Silence.

Toby looked around and pulled down his face mask. "L-little r-r-red riding hood!" He called out, "You f-f-forgot your paycheck-"

BANG.

There was a shrill scream. The manager.

____________________________________

Y/N's POV

THUD.

The cold hands on your waist released you and you fell onto warm sand. With great effort you sat up. The whirlpool had followed you all the way to the shore and was breaking the boat apart.

T h e r e   g o e s   o u r   r i d e .

Ben was beside you. He blocked a bloody nose with the back of his hand. The black haired teen was on your other side. He was looking at the stars. Only for a moment there was a twinkle in his eyes.

J e f f ?

The blonde waved for attention.

W e   s h o u l d   c a m p   h e r e  , r i g h t ?

"Yeah," he said. You let out a relieved sigh.